Chapter 3

Upon awakening, I was confused because I was expecting my bed in my tent back home. I woke to a roof and wooden walls, the wastelands outside a window, and someone trying to bash down the door.

"Wake up, Peter! It's time for breakfast." Shouted Snow from the opposite side of the wood. I shakily get up and open the door, glaring down at the small girl. She lowers her fist and backs away a bit in fear.

"I-I'm sorry to disturb you." She seems so scared. I soften my glare and slouch to seem less intimidating to her small size.

"It's alright, Snow." She lightly smiled and stood up taller. "I'll be there in a few." She nodded and skipped away like a kid with candy. I closed the door and got dressed then made the bed and went out for breakfast. I was sat between Snow and Doc with the girl who hates my guts directly in front of me. Breakfast consisted of fruit and cereal.

"So what's on the list for today?" Asked Henry with excitement. The girl across from me puts down her silverware and thinks for a small bit.

"There's gardening, Doc needs help on the medicinal run, Tink needs some scrap metal, and the usual chores." Everyone began chatting about what they'll hope they get to do today.

"What about Peter?" Wonders Snow in curiosity. All eyes were on the girl as she and I had a staring competition, both of us seeing which will break eye contact and submit.

"He'll be of some use maybe. Doc, would you like to take him on a run?" The white headed teen tapped his chin in thought.

"Sure, should be of use there, with his mysterious ways of killing Jabbers and Haggards. I'll take him, Charming, Snow, and Red." Red was a brunette with reddish-brown eyes and had on a blood red tank top and jean shorts.

"Can I take Henry, Killian, Emma, and Tigerlilly?" Asked Tink mildly, like she was afraid of being yelled at. She was approved of her request and everyone left to get ready for the runs and chores. As I stood, I smirked and winked at the girl, causing her to roll her eyes in disgust.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know your name, love. You tried to kill me but never had the decency to at least let me know that." She glared at me as I spoke.

"Why do you need to know?"

"I know almost everyone else's name, besides yours. I'd like to get on a name basis with the people I'm around. Just makes me feel better, you could say." She stood and leaned forward on her hands.

"I'd rather pluck out my eyes with a rusted spoon." I leaned in towards her.

"Sounds delectable. May I offer to be the one to bring out the spoon?"

"Go choke on a Haggard."

"I would tell you the same but you might like it." She wrinkled her nose in hate. "Do that again, love, it was cute." It actually was. She bared her teeth, which was both funny and adorable.

"Just go on the run, and don't even think about hurting anyone." I lightly laugh and smile innocently.

"Now, why would I hurt them? Doc is cripple, Charming isn't my type, I don't know Red enough to know what she's capable of, and Snow, I couldn't hurt that poor, small thing. She's been oh so kind to me." The girl sneered and stood tall, crossing her arms in anger and defiance.

"I'm covering all my basics. You so much as scratch someone, I'll throw you out into the wasteland and lock the door without a shadow of guilt." I lean ever closer to the angry girl, almost close enough to touch noses.

"I'll try to keep that in mind, love. Until then, I think I'll keep calling you love. I like it."

"I don't." I shrugged.

"I don't care, love. You won't tell me your name so I'm calling you love. Live with it." I look her in the eye as she glared at me.

"Hey, Peter! Let's get going!" Snow shouted from the front door. The girl smirked and stood in evident sass.

"Looks like you're needed." I lightly snorted, still smirking devilishly. Just to give her something to think about, I fill the small space between us and lightly kissed her nose before walking off and followed Snow out the door.