Chapter 32

Back on Neverland

The Blood Moon Soltice was quickly closing in, and the longer the days seemed to stretch for Beryl and Peter. It took them nearly a week to prepare the portal that will have to be opened with the help of Muriel, everything had to be perfect or it will all rip apart at the seams and it could very well destroy the island if done under par. Everyday Beryl woke with a pit in her stomach, she was anxious to get Elias home safe, but she also knew that once she did then Muriel was going to get to tear out her eyes and steal her powers, forever separating her from her loved ones and her Soulmate who was yet to be privy to their deal.

"Ber, are you alright? You look a little sick." Her dark eyes focused on the real world and the source of the questions, Peter Pan.

"I'm fine, just anxious to get this all over with." The boy looked unconvinced but let her flimsy excuse slide as he pushed up from the bed they shared. She stopped his departure with a hand to his cheek, the urge to spill her secret swelling in her throat as his beautiful eyes locked with her own again. She swallowed the guilt and settled for a kiss.

"You know I love you Petey?" He quirked an eyebrow at her question, there wasn't a doubt about what they had. At least not for him anyway.

"If I thought otherwise then there wouldn't be a point in Soulmates, Ber. Why do you ask?" Her chocolate orbs flickered for a second, like she wanted to say something but was too scared or unwilling to share it with him. She was hiding something from him.

"We'll bring him home Ber, trust in me." Her answer was cut off when a knock sounded on a support pole to their tent, both knowing it was Felix and his horrid sense of timing.

"Yes?" Irritation edged the king's word.

"The witch is here. Wants to speak to Beryl." The girl rolled her eyes before sliding from the bed and pushing the fabric from her pathway.

"What does she want?" Felix shrugged before vanishing into the woods to continue patrols. The hybrid girl groaned and sniffed the air for the Lion Witch's scent. She found the woman standing by the fire at the center of camp, her gaze locked on the hungry flames.

"Why are you here, Muriel? The Blood Moon isn't for another week." The witch started to lightly hum as she reached out and jabbed her hand into the blaze, revelling in the warmth it gave instead of the pain it should be sending through her body.

"Amazing, not even a singed hair or sooty fingernail. Fireproof."

"Doesn't make you indestructable, Muriel. You and I both know that Dragon's fire is the flames of hell itself, and nothing is fireproof against those." The said woman clicked her tongue like a chiding parent.

"Just enjoy the moment of progress with me, demon girl. I made this protection with the leftover corrupted Fairy dust, and it got me thinking about something. Do you know what the Earth is like now?"

"Yes, it's dried up and reaching the end of its life. All that's left down there is monsters and a dying human race. Why do you care?" The flames started to bite into the witch's flesh, her spell starting to wear off. She pulled her hand from the fire and held it up to the sun dappling through the canopy like she was inspecting the appendage.

"Damn, just like I suspected it's not eternal." Beryl rolled her eyes a huffed out an annoyed sigh. "And do you know why the planet started to burn away?"

"Not really, nor do I exactly care. Humans probably had something to do with it, they aren't exactly the most selfless of species."

"Actually, this was your fault. Yours and that devil child you pushed out." Beryl crossed her arms over her chest in boredom of the witch's ramblings.

"Is there a point to any of this? Elias has nothing to do with that world and neither do I anymore except to bring my son back home. You have your deal, you're getting what you want so leave until you are called on to do your part." Muriel smirked and inspected her fingernails for any sign of soot or injury.

"Your son has everything to do with that world, he's the reason it went to hell in the first place. You and that so called king created life on a world where nothing is supposed to change. You ruined everything for everyone else." Beryl stepped forward with brilliantly golden eyes glowing in a warning.

"I don't care, I will have my son back on this island in a week's time and if you get in my way then I will show you just how unquenchable my fires are. Am I understood?" She vibrated the air around them with a low and rumbling growl to solidify her threat. Muriel lifted her hands to show she was to take no part in slowing the dragon girl down, but a devious smirk curled her lips.

"I have no interest in stopping you, demon child, but I wonder.... does your little partner in crime know the truth yet?" Beryl lifted a brow to show her disinterest in the witch still being present in the camp.

"You know the answer to that, Lion Witch, now leave." Her demand was strengthened by the appearance of the boys with their various weapons pointed at the unwelcom woman, whom still held a sly smirk on her features.

"Just remember the deal we made, demon." And with that, Muriel vanished from the vicinity to be back in the old Fairy Territory. She took in a slow breath before turning to the large cauldron she had bubbling with a milky liquid that faintly reflected her face.

"The child of the Hybrid Witch Hunter and the King of Neverland.... Now those sound like a delicious pair of eyes."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, my beautiful readers! Things are beginning to draw to an epic close in the tale of Elias Peter Ren and the two worlds he's torn between.

Also side note: that is an awesome drawing, right?! Wish I was that good at art. But alas, I can only write mediocre stories whyyyyy

Read, comment, and enjoy as you please!

Stay crazy my little demons!

Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!