Chapter 15

Elias p.o.v

The ocean of Jabbers was still flowing when I awoke this morning before the others I had encircled to protect. Everyone had moved in the night so they were leaning against some part of my large body, the fires under my skin enticing them to cuddle me for warmth against the cold winds of the night. Even Reine had shifted to be against my scales in her sleep. I felt my mom's conscious press against mine once more and I let her in, still careful to throw up mental walls to keep any others from hearing us talk.

"Your father and I have been talking with Ursula for her soothsaying abilities and we figured out when you can come back home."

"How long will it take and what do you have to do?" I knew full well it'll take them a while to find the right time to bring me home to Neverland, and all magic comes with a price.

"We can't go down to retrieve you until the Blood Moon Solstice in a month our time. I know times between here and there are different so it may seem shorter or longer to you since the times waver. Also I have to resurrect an old enemy to gain enough power to open a portal for long enough to find where you are and bring you home. But we haven't just left you there, I promise. Just stay strong."

I will mom. Tell everyone back home I said hello and that I'm okay. I love you."

"I love you too, Eli. And I'll let them know. Your grandfather wants to speak with you so I'll let him take my place." They switched places in my mind, Gramps easily pushing my mental barriers aside to allow maneuverability so their minds won't clash inside mine. Gramps' aura was unimaginably ancient and powerful, over double the power of mom and dad combined.

"Hi Gramps!" His deep chuckle vibrates my body even through our telepathic link.

"Hello, Lux Noctis." He always liked to call me by his little nickname he gave me when I was little. According to mom and dad as a child I had a hard time controlling my changes and powers so I would randomly spit blue flames or glow when it became dark. So Gramps gave me the name Lux Noctis which is Latin for night light.

"What did you need to talk to me about?"

"It's about Beryl. She's going to try something potentially dangerous for herself and I wanted to warn you of the dangers that may be waiting for you when you cross over to Neverland. Have you heard of a witch named Muriel?"

"Mom mentioned her once, when I asked who was the hardest witch to kill. Why?"

"Muriel is the person she has to bring back to get you home. She was the hardest to kill because she was just like Beryl, cunning and strong and willing to stop at nothing. When that portal is opened there's no telling what could happen so I want you to be prepared to fight at any moment when the Blood Moon Solstice happens, okay? You have to protect your mother."

"I will, promise. Thank you for the warning. I'll talk to you soon Gramps, and I will protect mom no matter what."

"Until the Blood Moon Solstice, Lux Noctis." Gramps retreated from my mind, leaving me in my own space to process the information he gave me about mom's chances of getting hurt trying to get me home. The sun broke through the clouds and warmed everyone into awareness, some instantly backing away from me fearfully. Snow was really the only one who wasn't terrified.

"Morning, Elias!" The redhead sang out as she popped up beside my eye.

"Morning, Snow."

"How's the outside looking today?" I chanced opening my other eye to see if the Jabbers has showed any signs of tapering off but they kept going strong in their march to the North.

"I'd say sunny with some broken clouds and a horde of Jabbers still causing traffic jams on the work route." One jabbed it's fingers into my brightly colored eye, the shiny object catching its curiosity on whether or not it was edible. "Ow! Jesus Christ that was painful! Stupid little Jabber I should bite your head off."

"Speaking of Jabbers, how do you suppose we get out of the middle of this? There's too many for us to fight our way through and we can't all become this." Reine waves her hand over the length of my body as she interrupted Snow and I as we joked around. 

"The this you're referring to is called a Dragon. And that's an easy fix, you all can just ride on my back until we find somewhere to sleep." Snow hopped around in excitement and immediately climbs up my neck to sit at the base of my head.

"How about not, Snow get down."

"You have any other bright ideas, love? I would love to hear them if you do."

"We wait it out, they have to stop at some point."

"Wait it out? We've been waiting it out for nearly 24 hours and they don't seem to be stopping any time soon and unless you have enough food for everyone here underneath that shirt of yours then how do you plan to eat while you wait it out? I'm the best plan we have and you know it. I've been protecting you since I met you guys, what makes you think I'll abandon you now?" Soon everyone else started to crawl up into their chosen places along my spine until Reine was the only one left on the ground.

"I'm not leaving without you, Reine. So trust me and get on." She weighed out the potential consequences and benefits of following everyone in their climb up the side of a beast they didn't fully understand. The benefits won over and she heaved a sigh of defeat before climbing up to sit behind Snow in sulking silence.

"Okay, grab hold of something because this will get windy." I unfurl my large wings, knocking Jabbers to the ground or splitting some in halves as I did, and tense to leap into the air. Deep gouges were left in the cracked earth as I pushed off and into the sky. I climb straight up into the skyline until I'm well above the trees before levelling out so they could see the world from up high.

"It's so pretty!" Shouts Snow so everyone could hear, and they all murmur in agreement. "You're so lucky you get to see this everyday whenever you want."

"Until you look down." They all did the same things, glanced over the edge of me to see the writhing Jabbers as they shuffle and shamble their way through the dying trees to an unseen destination.

"That's terrifying, and kind of disgusting." Comments Snow once more.

"With every beauty there is an accompanying horror. And I see it all. Welcome to the life of a Dragon."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, sorry this took so long to publish! I was either too busy with school or work or just was having some writer's block but I finally finished it and releasing it to all you beautiful readers! Thank you for loving the first book so much and staying loyal to my sequel in spite of the very arduous hiatus I didn't mean to have. Once again, very sorry!

Vote, comment, and enjoy!

Stay crazy my little demons!

Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!