Chapter 11

Elias p.o.v

When Reine asked me all those questions, I knew I couldn't answer her truthfully even if I wanted to. She wouldn't believe a single word I told her: my mother and my grandpa were Dragons that were centuries if not eons old, my father was the all-powerful Peter Pan and I lived on an island in the stars where you never grow old. They'd banish me just as quickly as not answering. Or just kill me anyway on the assumptions of being insane.

After Reine left, I pushed myself into a sitting position and attempt to stand so I can clean up the mess she made so nobody would hurt themselves. I only managed to nearly pass out in pain as the skin around my ribs stretched and the pain seared through my body. The metal door opened and I half expected Reine to come in demanding I leave immediately.

"Peter?" It wasn't Reine, but a teary eyed Snow. Reine must've told her that I was officially an outcast. I smile in spite of the throbbing in my side, I don't want her to worry more than she's already done.

"Hey Snow, I guess Reine told you?" The tears that were pooled in her blue eyes now spilled over her cheeks and she ran to me, hugging me tightly around my neck so she wouldn't hurt my ribs.

"It isn't fair! You saved everyone. Saved Reine. And now she wants to exile you because you don't want to tell her about your past! It's wrong, Reine has secrets, Red has secrets, and they get to stay but you can't?!" That's true but neither of them can change into a massive Dragon like I can. I wrap my arms around her back and gently rock back and forth to soothe the hysterical redhead as she wept into my chest.

"It'll be okay, Snow." She shook her head no, nose rubbing into my sternum gently.

"No it won't. You'll die out there by yourself Peter!"

"Elias." Snow sniffles and look up at me in confusion.

"What?"

"That's my name. Elias Peter Ren. That's our little secret alright?" Snow smiles and nods. Truthfully, it felt good to know that she knew my actual name. She's the first girl I've ever seen besides my mom and she has become a very close friend to me.

"Well, Elias, Reine forcing you to leave is wrong and she's acting childish and stupid. We'd be dead days ago if you hadn't of been there. I would've been a plaything for the Black Pirates...." Snow shuddered the the thought of what those hormonal, horny boys would've done to her if I hadn't of stood up to them. Yeah, I got shot, but it was well worth it.

"I will never let that happen to you, even if I'm banished from ever coming back. I promise." Snow sweetly smiled and cuddled close to my chest, careful of my wounds, and fell asleep.

I subconsciously ran my fingers through her pale red hair as I contemplated how I was going to deal with my exile. I don't want to leave Snow and everyone behind, especially when they need me this much. Snow is like the little sister I never had and it hurts having to leave her over some petty answers I couldn't give.

"Elias... I love you like my big brother." I smile at Snow's sleepy, unfiltered confession and gently kiss her forehead. I press my face into her neck, eyes becoming hooded and heavy with sleep and the side effect of the morphine drip.

"Love you like a little sister, Snow. Sleep tight." As I was nearly in deep sleep, someone opened the door to my room I was recovering in.

"Hey, Peter, I came to check up on you. But I see Snow has got you covered." Doc laughed lightly at the last part and I smirked. "You feeling alright?"

"I should be, given the time to heal. Then I'll be exiled so I'm about as good as possible." Doc shifted uncomfortably at the mentions of my exile and he cleared his throat before quickly checking my vitals and readjustments were made to my morphine before he quietly left the room.

My eyes drooped closed and I fell asleep, holding Snow securely to my chest. I was awoken by the feeling that I was being watched. I shifted so the weight of both me and Snow didn't press too hard on my wounds. Cracking open my eyes, I see a dark outline of someone really tall and broad. They didn't smell like they belong here and I curled tighter around Snow in protection.

"Can I help you?" My voice was husky and deep due to sleeping a few seconds earlier. They didn't answer, only lifted their hand with something sleek and shiny in his hand. Is it a knife?! Snow! The hand came down and I shifted us enough that the blade buried deep into the bed right next to my head.

I lunge out and bite down hard enough on their arm to draw both blood and a scream from the attacker. The person yanked away and ran from the room. I would've followed but I had serious wounds and Snow was still dead to the world on me.

The morphine took a harsh hold on my conscious and I unwillingly slip back into rest. I didn't wake up until another person walked into the room. I instinctively hold Snow close to me and bare teeth at the person. It turned out to only be Doc and Tink to check on my recovery progress.

"Why so hostile all of a sudden?" Demands Doc as he checks for infections and doles out pain meds.

"Someone tried to kill either me or Snow. They missed thankfully and I bit them on the arm. I would've chased after them but I'm injured and I needed to protect Snow." Doc immediately commanded Tink to go and tell Reine about the attack and to search for the perpetrator within the compound.

"Murder is not allowed here. We will find them and they will be delt with justly."

"Like how Eli- Peter was justly dealt with?!" We both jump at Snow's angry voice. She sat up and glared over at Doc while rubbing at her tired eyes. If I wasn't so doped with morphine I would've made a sarcastic comment about the position we were in at the moment: Snow straddling my waist and me being shirtless.

"You know just as well as I do that Reine has good reasons for her actions."

"I disagree this time, Doc. Peter saved us many times over without once thinking of the consequences or asking for something in return. And there's plenty of people here with secrets- Reine herself being one of them! This is wrong and you all know it!" I push myself into a sitting position and gently cup Snow's cheek with one hand, the other was used to keep myself up. Her blue eyes looked over at me in curiosity and anger.

"It's fine, Reine is a good person and a lot of you would be dead if she wasn't here. If she wants me gone, I have no choice but to leave." She looked crestfallen but it faded away into anger and determination.

"I won't let you leave us, we need you here. I need you here! You saved me from the Black Pirates for crying out loud!" Snow leaned forward and her head rested on my shoulder, warm breath fanning over my skin and tears dripped onto my shoulder as she silently cried. Her voice was cracked and choked with salty tears as she whispered sadly against my skin.

"I don't want to lose you, Elias."