Chapter 34

3rd p.o.v

The world slammed into a halt around him. If he were to be looking at anything other than the heartbreaking focal point, he may have been able to see the wings of insects as they puttered by- unfazed at the ruin that gripped him tightly and refused to let go. He felt he could even watch the wind soar as it rushed around his stunned form like a hurricane.

This wasn't how it was supposed to happen.

Faint screams could be heard, but they fell on deaf ears as his entire focus was captured on the burning skies above him. Leathery wings cut through the stale and dead air of earth as teeth snapped at each other and claws bit deep into flesh.

This wasn't right.

A sky shattering cackle finally snapped him from his stupor and he whirled to find the source, a madly grinning Muriel standing with a bloodied fist and a triumphant snarl marring her already hideous features. Pushing through invisible molasses, he reached the ecstatic Lion Witch and lunges for her crimson hand. She split apart and floated back like he was grasping at smoke and fog. The woman tsk-ed at him with aloof chiding, wagging her clawed index towards him like a parent.

"Not so fast, I'm simply getting what's owed to me. You have no power over a Blood Oath." She dangled the removed eye in his face by the sinewy optic nerve like a toy to a cat.

"I don't give a damn about your Oath, return it to me and maybe I'll have mercy on your ruined soul." Her cracked lips pulled up wide in a smirk as her body crumbled like dust. He leaps forward to stop her escape, but he was too late and his fingers slid through her grains. He scanned over the small group of humans off to his right, just as frozen in the horror as he had been. The sky blackened and pulled up his gaze to see the massive shape of Alecon Black as he swept down and plowed the battling duo to the dusty earth below. The white hide of Elias stood in stark contrast to Alecon's and the dark gradient of Beryl's.

His family was ripping itself apart at the seams.

The three of them shifted down into their human bodies and Elias shoved the smaller Beryl off of her place above him and scrambled to his feet with a growl. Blood flowed from his left eye and a few luckily placed gashes as his bright blue eye fixed angrily on his own mother.

"Snap out of it!" Alecon demands while the three circled one another like wild animals. "Don't make us do this. You're one of us, you're family." Elias and Beryl launches at each other, causing Peter to teleport to them and tackle his own son to the ground.

"Where is Muriel? We need the eye!" The ancient reptile calls over the growls and clacking teeth of the snapping Elias.

"She vanished. Turned into smoke. She could be anywhere by now." Peter snaps while dodging an almost lethal lunge.

"She can't go anywhere. Not without the other eye." Beryl stood from the dirt and wipes blood from her lips with the back of her hand.

"Dad?" The boy's sudden voice broke their conversation and got Peter Pan to turn and look down at his son. The once enraged and murderous blue eye was now clear and much more like the boy he knew.

"That's me. It's going to be okay, we'll get your eye back. And then we can go home."

"The portal will close soon, leave without me." His chest recoiled at the idea of leaving Elias here on the dead planet in the clutches of Muriel and whatever monsters resides here with her.

"Not a chance in hell. It'll be fine, just keep her out until we can get it back okay." The two males stood and Elias held Peter at an arm's length.

"I can't. I'm not strong enough. She keeps whispering things, terrible things I have to do to you and mom and grandpa." Tears flowed with the blood down his cheeks to drip off his chin. "She wants me to kill you." The older male tightened his jaw to keep down both his rage at Muriel and the building urge to cry at the suffering his flesh and blood was enduring.

"I know, but you're stronger trust me. You're the strongest thing in this universe; you fought the monsters of earth, you defeated someone even Alecon Black couldn't overpower, hell you sent ripples through the fabric of time by simply being born. The whispers of a Witch will not be your undoing, I will not allow it."

"Such a touching moment, I'm almost tempted to cry." The voice of Muriel sounded to Peter's left, placing the two of them between her and Beryl. His Soulmate loudly growled and bared her sharp teeth at the Lion Witch.

"I'm going to kill you, Muriel!" The said woman chuckled and lifted the miraculously crying eye of Elias that she had stolen.

"Not if I kill you first. We may be evenly matched, she-devil, but even a Dragon King is no obstacle to the reserves of my new toy. Your Blood Oath binds you to the deal, which isn't truly completed mind you. I was promised a full set of eyes and I want his."

"You can't have his, you agreed to take mine. You broke the Oath and so nothing binds me to any deal anymore." The woman shrugged in mutual uncaring before pinching down on the end of the optical nerve she had curled between her fingers. Elias jolted into a stock still and perfectly straight stance as his features wrinkled in pain and his internal fight to keep his mental walls as iron a barrier as possible. But Muriel was persistent and wormed her way through the cracks in his armor like a leeching parasite. He knew that it wouldn't be long before he lost control of his body again and attacked his family once more, maybe succeeding in killing them like Muriel kept hissing in his mind for him to accomplish.

If they couldn't get his freedom from her hands, then he had to take himself out of the equation. Peter felt as claws dug into the skin of his shoulders, tugging his attention from the maniacal Muriel and over to his struggling son. The next few words that came from his trembling body broke the Immortal King's soul and heart.

"Dad please... kill me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all, welcome to Heartbreak Hell! Here you will experience only the most gut wrenching and soul shattering of tragedies such as what is in the above chapter, and what I have in store as next to come.

Hope you all have super absorbent tissues, because the breaks on this train have been disabled and the end of the tracks will be messy, messy!

Stay crazy my little demons!

Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!