XVI

| Not So Modest Prince |

"Should we ready you?" Chan asked

"Should we ready you?" Chan asked. As he stiffly made his way to the closet.

Vernon's aura was unbearable but extremely impressive Chan would give him that. Though, the little one still didn't understand it. Why Vernon created it for his highness, especially knowing the prince could show up any day now.

Did his highness and that lowly being have... special relations? Chan shook his head not bearing to believe it. No. It's best not to think those awful things.

Chan turned around with a fancy little outfit in hand and flashed it at his highness. "How about this your highness? I do believe it'd impress your guest."

"Impress?" Seungkwan rubbed his head in disbelief.

"There's no need. Put it back in the closet will you." Seungkwan demanded. "And why not close it completely, I have no desire to impress anyone."

"But your highness!" Chan said, "the prince-"

"Dare you to lecture me, boy." Seungkwan got up and he walked over to Chan and grabbed his shoulder. "You are to obey me, understood. Forget about any and everyone outside this room. It is only my desires you should attend to."

Chan's cheeks turned a vibrant red, and he dropped to the floor and let his forehead rest on the ground. "Y-yes you're highness. I am yours to obey. Always."

"Good," Seungkwan said and he smiled. "Now, let's make our way to mother's room. I'm sure she'll have something that can help scare away our little burden."

That's right. I have no intention to marry some man my father set me up with. I'll die before I allow such a thing to happen.

-

"So many flowers... what a disturbingly feminine place." The freshly arrived prince mumbled. He plucked a Hydrangea and looked closely for poison or thorns. "And they're purely decorative, what a strange interest."

"My lord, do you not have flowers back home?" A servant brought to serve the prince, asked beside him.

Little did he know that would be the last thing he'd say. The prince, who was known to have a cruel nature and strictness for manners and rules, punished the servant boy immediately for speaking to him casually. That punishment was a swift stab in the stomach.

He slid his sword out of him and continued his way down the garden. Not paying anymore mind to the boy choking on his own blood.

Now the only two left were him and the knight following behind him, Vernon.

Mingyu had little to say to the half-breed. What was there to say? He was half and half but still completely worthless. A slave. A knight. Whatever the title, he was nothing.