XXXI

|Fallen Ally|

___

Escorting him... looks like someone was jealous I was getting all of His Highness's attention. Chan thought as he followed close behind them. For a guy with such irreverence towards the royal family, he sure knows how to flatter them.

Chan rolled his eyes. It's to be expected. He did fight all those years for Crimsonvain regardless of his clear disdain for this glorious kingdom.

He's a great fraud. Master of trickery.

That is right. Chan knows about Vernon's apparent hatred for the royal family.

One night when Seungkwan was completely taken by Illness he began to complain about Vernon's distaste for the crown.

Whining along the lines of being hated himself. Hating being hated. Hated by Vernon. Wanting to be... Well... his Highness never ended up vocally finishing the thought. Sort of energy draining himself to sleep.

Chan, at the time, was thankful for it. He did not like the thought of his Highness acknowledging Vernon for anything other than what he was. An ungrateful, self-hating, half-breed that did not deserve the attention and praise his Highness gave him.

He was mixed with a vampire, yet clearly had no interest in them as he favoured the lesser human. As such he was a bad influence on his Highness.

Seriously, how could someone prefer the qualities of livestock over the force that was the vampire? Chan nearly let out a sigh of annoyance at the mere thought.

He wished his Highness could see it. See the absolute fraud that Vernon was. That he wasn't this strong intimidating knight but this sad little boy who was and will always be a weapon for the royalties to exploit.

That his Highness was the one with the power, not this human sympathizer.

But it would appear to be a hard nut to crack. The way they clung to each other was seriously concerning.

So much so that Chan considered reporting it. However, he stopped himself on several occasions because it was clear the King favoured Vernon, considering how much he called upon him. He even saw his pay once. God, he'd never seen that much gold in his life!

But it was not a shock. The King was a human sympathizer himself. Shaming senseless cruelty and making far too many peace agreements in the few years he's been King.

It's one of the reasons Chan began to obsess over Seungkwan. When he heard rumours from across the sea that His Highness was blood-thirsty, hot-tempered and cruel. All he could think about, reminisce about, was the former King. Seungkwan's grandfather.

He'll be a fine King. No, a great King! Chan nodded.

I will make sure of it.

Finally, they made it down to the front of the castle and they stood at the door where the parcel had been left with a few servants.

Screw His Highness |Verkwan|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara