let me sleep on it-sfk

Rip Meat Loaf. was the best song. Also, I swear I started writing this before he passed but I realize now that this isn't the best way to honor him. oops. This also could have been better and longer but I'm late for class.

Warnings: Minors DNI, smut, not too explicit but it's right below the cut

"I love you!" He grunted, squeezing his eyes shut.

The orgasm that had been building in your gut subsided, replaced with confusion. This wasn't the first time he'd said it, or even the second.

"I'm gonna cum," he whispered, willing himself to hold back.

You clenched around him, throwing your head back and gripping his shoulders. A moan erupted from your lips, egging him on. Even if it wasn't a real orgasm, there was no way you'd let him think he hadn't finished you off. Sam spilled into the condom. He pulled out, discarding the rubber and pulling his boxers on. You went to the bathroom, pulling wipes from the cabinet and cleaning yourself off. You could hear him shuffling outside the door.

"There's some lemonade in the fridge. You can grab it on the way out," you called.

"Actually, can I stay for a little while?"

You caught a glimpse of yourself in the mirror. "Yeah, I'm going to shower first."

"Take your time."

While in the shower, it felt wrong trying to get yourself off. The confusion was still lingering. Sam was always so adamant about not developing feelings. While at first, you thought about him more and more, it was really just you being satisfied like never before. Sam knew exactly what to do to get you off, often leaving you sore and shaky for the next couple of hours.

The first time he told you he loved you was a little over a month ago. The two of you had snuck out of a house party, sitting in the backseat of his car. You had his cock in your mouth as he was watching for anyone coming by. His hands were tangled in your hair and his head was thrown back in ecstasy. You thought you heard him wrong. Maybe he meant to say that he loves it, it being the secrecy and urgency of the hookups. You shook it off, believing it to be the heat of the moment.

The second time was when he had you bent over a countertop. It was someone's birthday and he used it to his advantage. Sam left lingering grazes on your shoulder, shamelessly staring at your chest. You'd worn a dress that was a little lower cut than usual and paired with a push up bra. After cornering you by the bathrooms, wondering if you'd like to go home with him. You agreed, telling everyone that you had an early morning and Sam told them he drank a little too much and was hailing a cab.

Within minutes of meeting at the lobby of his building, your dress was hiked up around your hips. He'd ripped your panties forgoing the step of taking them off or pulling them to the side. He knocked your knees apart, giving him just enough room to slide in.

"I love you," he whispered.

You nearly broke away from him. The second time he let it slip and it couldn't have been a coincidence. Instead, he just focused on you, his fingertips digging into your flesh. "I love how you take me so well, darling."

Now, the water was cold, and you were even more confused than before.

A few days later, you were in the backseat of Sam's car waiting for him to join you. There was yet another party raging inside someone's home. Sam was wearing a button up without a single button fastened. His chest was shown off, a light hickey from the other night shining on his chest. It was almost completely faded but it left a little shadow that could be seen when the light caught it just right.

You handed him a cherry flavored White Claw, the silent signal to meet outside. As you were talking between the cars, the headlights to his flashed and the lock clicked before you opened it.

Once he made it, he instantly attacked your neck with kisses. Sam's hands ran up and down your sides, pulling at your shirt in places. You moaned, feeling his tongue graze your sweet spot on the side of your throat. Smirking, he ran his hands over your thighs before snaking them beneath your skirt. His fingers looped around the side of your drenched panties, pulling them down just a few inches before you pulled away.

"Stop, stop."

He immediately pulled away. "Did I do something?"

You did not want your worries to come out now, but there was no time like the present. At least your brain thought so.

"I want you to tell me straight, before we go any further, do you love me?"

Sam looked out the back window, sinking when a set of headlights turned on. A few guests stumbled by the window on your side but hadn't noticed the two of you. The car was still quiet after the other people left.

After thinking about it for a few days, you pondered your own feelings about him. A pros and cons list was made and the positives outweighed the negatives. Sam was attentive, caring, and compassionate, and not to mention his skills in bed. While you weren't sure if it was love-love, you were willing to explore that and have a date that didn't end with the two of you in bed or in a backseat somewhere.

"I need to know right now," you whispered, growing worried at his silence.

Instead of answering, he opened the car door. "Let me sleep on it."