one bourbon, one scotch, one beer-jmk

bestie!Josh. This is kinda short but it's okay. I wrote it while I was waiting for my not-boyfriend-but-still-walks-me-to-class-guy to come by. I also love this song so much, but the because this episode was superior

St. Patrick's Day, the day of shamrocks, anything green, and drinking. Everyone was busy during the week. Danny went home, Jake had a date, Sam was helping his son put on a play for school tonight. You and Josh were the only singles in the friend group and without plans so when he invited you to go bar hopping, you happily agreed.

The bars were bustling, despite it being a Wednesday night. You and Josh rarely ever went out together, especially when under the influence of alcohol. The two of you were wild cards, egging each other on. That's how you ended up taking body shots off strangers and on a mechanical bull.

When it came to Josh's turn, he kicked his shoes off, taking a big step towards the bull. He waved his arms, eliciting cheers from the crowd. He was usually a shy guy, but when he was on stage or intoxicated, he had an entire personality change. You cheered your best friend on, laughing at his attempt to jump on without using the foot stands. Once he as finally on, he'd been thrown off in thirty seconds. The alcohol in his veins somehow convinced him he could do it without using his hands.

The green bra beneath your shirt was enough green for the night. If anyone attempted to pinch you, you'd flash them. Josh was on board, laughing every time you raised your shirt to the surprise of other patrons. They laughed, buying you drinks that you would then share with Josh. Either the other men didn't care, or they thought you were with Josh and didn't press further.

Even though the night was supposed to be spent bar hopping, there was no way you'd be allowed into another bar. You two were heavily intoxicated. The two of you stumbled down the street, singing along with one another. The city was quiet, just a hum from the lights and cars going by. The song that had played in the bar at least six times tonight was stuck in both of your heads.

"One bourbon, one scotch, one beer," he slurred.

You took point in the next verse. "Well, I ain't seen my baby since I don't know when. I've been drinking daddadada-"

You broke into a fit of giggles, holding onto Josh for help. He tried to keep your upright, but he was laughing too hard at your attempt at singing. He carried on, somehow simultaneously dialing for a ride. Sam arrived, parking illegally in a fire zone. He helped you into the back seat, next to his son. He was in his feetie pajamas, a coat draped over his body. Sam was in his pajamas as well.

"Sam," you slurred. "What a party pooper."

"I don't want to hear anything from you," he tutted before slamming the door behind Josh. He sat in the driver's seat again. "My son's beauty sleep is going to be all messed up."

You apologized to the little boy who was on the verge of falling asleep. "Auntie Y/N, you're not wearing green," Ben pointed out.

You and Josh looked at each other. Your drunk hand was already on the bottom of your shirt but instead you put your arm out.

"Just pinch me, Benny."