𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. wedding crashers

FORTY-THREE:wedding crashers — aminé and offset

FORTY-THREE:
wedding crashers — aminé and offset

 FORTY-THREE:wedding crashers — aminé and offset

( 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝟏𝟕 )

Meredith liked dancing.

She wasn't particularly talented in it; wasn't trained as a professional in her youth, wasn't a child prodigy, but she liked it all the same. It was her way of feeling alive, of letting the music wash over her in waves of joy and melancholy all at the same time. It didn't need words which could get oh-so-complicated sometimes, it just needed you and the music and the floor. It was movement and grace in its purest form.

"Do you want to dance?" Meredith turned around to see Hermione with her hand outstretched, a small smile resting on her lips.

Meredith laughed, "Are you sure that you don't want to dance with any of the fine gentlemen here? I think I saw Viktor Krum talking to you just now. And Ron is looking a little lonely." The two turned around to see Ron lurking around in the corner, shifting his weight from foot to foot. Meredith would bet 5 galleons that he was trying to get the nerve to ask Hermione to dance.

Hermione brushed it off, "Oh, we had a thing during the Triwizard Tournament but he's not for me." She took Meredith's hand, "Besides, after all this is over...who knows when we'll see each other again."

Meredith's heart twinged: she didn't like goodbyes.

And so she obliged, following Hermione out onto the dance floor where Luna and her father were doing some interpretative movements, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were tearing up the dance floor, and a couple of the Weasley cousins had forms a Congo line. It was the first time in a while that Meredith had seen everyone so lighthearted and carefree, all wearing big and genuine smiles on their faces.

As the pair jived (rather ungracefully) the the lively music, Meredith thought back to Slughorn's Christmas party. To her friends and how Daphne had begged to be her date and how Blaise took the longest to get ready and how Hermione spent the night running away from McLaggen. To her dance with Draco to save him from being thrown out after party-crashing. To her finally being able to admit that she wanted to choose him, even if it was the most selfish thing she had ever done.