𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. caught in the middle

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:caught in the middle — paramore

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
caught in the middle — paramore

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:caught in the middle — paramore

( 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝟏𝟓 )

( 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝟏𝟓 )

  Meredith couldn't produce a Patronus to save her life so she sat in a corner folding origami paper cranes. The Room of Requirement was heaven on earth for crafters.

  It wasn't like she hadn't tried. She did, she tried for a good half an hour, unable to produce any more than a small wisp of blue-white light out of the tip of her wand. It wasn't like Meredith Darling to give up on a difficult spell so easily, but she was disheartened at the fact that nearly everyone around her had managed to conjure one. She was one of the top students in her year, and she couldn't conjure a Patronus, of all things.

  Everyone thought her to be a happy person. She tried to be; always smiling brightly like there was nothing wrong in the world, laughing and joshing around with her numerous friends, being the friend to always lighten the mood and brighten their day. But sometimes it got exhausting, and these moments became artificial and practiced. If you were to ask her to think of a time of genuine happiness where her heart was only filled with goodness and joy? Yeah, not so much.

  "Hey, you alright?" Harry walked over to her, concern in his voice. She wondered if it was the fact that she was perched on a stool folding paper cranes. She had folded four now. She was just about to consider making some frogs as well. She folded as she watched Hermione laugh at her fully fledged Patronus, an otter, dancing around her like it was swimming in water. Fascinating things, Patronuses. They were either supposed to represent who you were or to match the Patronus of someone you loved. Meredith had even heard an old wives tale that if your love was eternal, even if either partner died, their Patronus remained the same. She thought it was romantic, but also a little weird. How did the Patronuses choose who would change? Did they flip a galleon?