𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. new person, same old mistakes

FORTY-FOUR:new person, same old mistakes — tame impala

FORTY-FOUR:
new person, same old mistakes — tame impala

 FORTY-FOUR:new person, same old mistakes — tame impala

( 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝟏𝟕 )

     The train whistled in its familiar screech (Meredith lamented at the fact that it would be for the last few times) as it pulled out of Kings Cross Station to take them all to a new term at Hogwarts. Probably not the same Hogwarts now that it was under Snape's rule, but it was Hogwarts all the same with the dining hall tables piled with delicious food and the twinkling candles dangling above them and the slow chug of the train against the track as it raced through the English Countryside.

     "I like this new seating arrangement." Daphne affirmed as she fell into the seat opposite Meredith and Blaise, box of Chocolate Frogs in hand. Someone seemed to have redesigned the Hogwarts train, favouring large carriages with little booths instead of their traditional cabins. Across the aisles, she spotted Luna, Neville, and Ginny sharing a booth, Seamus and Dean in another, Parvati, Padma, and Lavender in the adjacent booth. It felt strange not seeing the familiar trio, their heads bent together as they plotted and discussed something urgent.

      Blaise took a cursory glance around, "They want to watch us all." No one really needed to specify who 'they' was.

     "Well, I'm not gonna let that bother me." Meredith declared, popping a jellybean into her mouth; they didn't have to know about the other side of the war—how people were fighting and dying for this cause, how they all so fiercely believed in the light and the good. They were just kids after all.

      No kid should have to bear that burden.

     "How were your summers?" Daphne asked, grabbing a jellybean from the centre pile (Meredith had a habit of picking out all the bad flavours while Daphne thoroughly enjoyed them and would happily offload it every time they indulged in Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans), "Mum kept me and Astoria at home. Said it's not safe out there."

     "Same here." Blaise lamented, "I suppose no where is safe right now."

     Meredith wanted to laugh at just how differently her summer had gone. She had aided in the transportation of Harry Potter, the Chosen One, from his childhood home to the Burrow. Was one of the bridesmaids at Fleur Delacour's wedding. Was attacked by Death Eaters at said wedding. Went home to a Death Eater.