Chapter 5

The classroom was silent. All the kids were head down and focused on their tests. Severus was grading papers. You, you were staring out the window like a distracted student. You had plenty of paper work to be catching up with.

A knock at the classroom startled everyone. Children pulled from their concentration at the sudden burst of noise. You look at Severus and get up. You walk to the door but before you could get to it, it opened to Minerva beckoning you. Severus nodded and you headed out with Minerva who was already rushing away from you. It was challenging to keep up.

"Minerva? What is the matter of this?" It had been two weeks since your night time conversation with Minnie and your anxiety had only gotten worse after having to drop Wendy off two more times knowing you wouldn't see her until the upcoming Saturday.

"I have... news." Her tone strangled you. Your feet stopped moving as you stared at her back.

"Minerva?" Your voice was barely a whisper. When she didn't respond you said again; "Minerva!" She tensed up but didn't turn to face you. "MINERVA MCGONAGALL WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER?!" Her shoulders dropped along with her head as she turned to face you.

"Y/n... you need to come with me." Tears brimmed along your eyes. Your knees felt as if they were going to turn to jello. You slunk your the floor slowly as the tears overflowed. "Oh y/n I'm so sorry. He kidnapped her from your parents house. No one has seen them for two hours. Albus just got the message from the Ministry."

Your world had shattered. The abusive man who had ruined your life had your child and was running from the cops. He didn't have custody of her and he was already in trouble with the law from a drinking accident.

"Minnie. He has Wendy. He has my baby!" You sobbed.

"Come on dear, let's get you out of the hallway." But you couldn't move. Your body refused to work. Minerva watched you carefully before sighing and walking back to the potions classroom a hallway away. You barely noticed her absence due to your blurry eyesight from the tears.

Slowly you were lifted from the ground by two cold hands. You looked up at the figure carrying you, it's dark eyes looked into yours worriedly. You could barely make outs who it was but you knew it was Severus. Everyone else would still be in class.

"Severus." You choked out before more sobs assaulted your words.

"I'm right here Y/n, we're going to find her and we'll lock up Dane for good so he can never hurt you or Wendy again." Obviously Minerva had filled in a few details on the way. You just nodded your head before sobbing into his shoulder.

A few minutes later you were set down on a chair that was heavily cushioned. You looked around the room to see Albus's set up. "Severus?" A hand rested on your shoulder that seeped cold into it.

"I'm right here Y/n. Dumbledore is figuring out what actions we would like to take in finding Wendy." Your tears had slowed and started to dry on your face. Severus's eyes barely left you the entire time. He was beyond worried about your emotional and physical health. You had been so worried lately that you ate very little and didn't sleep. Makeup had been your savior.

You always smiled during his classes and meals but he could see the burden you had been caring. It showed in your eyes. Severus wanted to do everything and anything for you as long as it would make you feel better. And if that meant hunting down his past student he would do it in a heartbeat.

"Y/n, we have been informed of the abduction taken place between your ex husband Dane and your daughter Wendy. We will send out undercover wizards to search for her while you remain here. There's no telling how Dane will react to your presence." Albus informed you as if it were the matters of a newspaper.