Chapter 61

Severus

A man appears at the edge of the school property. Minerva and I are already waiting there.

"Severus, good to finally put a face to the name."

"Clint I'm assuming."

"Yes Severus this is Clint. No time to waste. Thank you for coming so soon. Let's get a move on."

"As you wish." He holds out his arms and we both grab ahold. The feeling of apparating never gets comfortable. Just less nauseating over time.

We appear at the edge of a field. Nothing to see anywhere.

"Magic doesn't work here so we have to walk the rest of the way."

We walk along a small dirt trail with wildlife all around. It's peaceful, from what I've been told that explains why Y/n moved here.

When the house was in view a figure emerges from the house. I'm can assume it's Y/n and she's carrying a small bundle in her arms. When she sees me a hand reaches up and covers her mouth.

From inside a smaller figure comes running out. She runs straight towards me. I look to Minerva and she's grinning from ear to ear.

"Daddy Sevy!" Minerva gives me a look so I bend down and scoop the child up.

"Hello..."

"Hi Wendy baby! How are you?" So that's the child's name, right. This is going to be a long day.

"Good Minnie!"

I carried the child back to her mother before setting her down carefully. Y/n just staring at me with a glint of tears in her eyes.

"Y/n."

"Severus. You came."

A knot forms in my gut while looking at her. Something is missing. Yes my memory but something else.

"This is my daughter?" A small smile spread across her face.

"Yes, Minerva, Severus, this is Henley Minerva-Rose Snape." She pulled back the blanket a little and the most adorable face stared up at me. I'm not one to enjoy the presence of babies. They're too noisy and gross. But she just radiated peace and love. She had the smallest most cutest dusting of black hair on the top of her head.

My heart melted. My daughter, my beautiful daughter.

"May I hold her?" I ask cautiously.

A tear slipped from her eye and she nodded but turned and walked inside. I followed after and she pointed to the couch. I sat down and she set the small yellow bundle in my arms.

"May I... uhm. Sorry this is just weird."

"Yes." I didn't know what she meant but she leaned forward and pressed a small kiss to my forehead. Clint snapped a photo of us with some muggle device.

I didn't say a word about it because I knew she was the only bright light in my life for so long. Hopefully I used to be the light in hers as well.

"Thank you." She whispered. "I know you won't be back after today but knowing you were here means the world. I only nodded in understanding.

Wendy was keeping Minerva busy with tales of all the fun outdoorsy things she'd been doing since the last visit. It was very cute. I think Wendy understood that I needed a moment with the baby. But I can also understand that Minerva could've been her favorite.

Henley didn't have to do anything and my heart still fluttered just by looking at her. She was gorgeous, just like her mother.

Y/n watched us carefully the entire time. I could barely keep my eyes off the little one. But when my eyes did leave her they were immediately drawn back to Y/n. She was extraordinary.