Chapter 15

You awoke to Severus staring down lovingly at you. "Did you get any sleep darling?" You asked still half asleep.

"A little. You really scared me last night love." His fingers played with your hair. "What were you dreaming of?" He asked cautiously not wanting to make you upset again.

"It was Dane getting ready to hurt me." You confessed. "Though I could hear your voice when you tried to wake me."

He knew what the answer was going to be, but it still hurt that you were dreaming of another man after sleeping with him. "Thank you for rescuing me." He furrowed his brow.

"Of course. You were screaming and crying. I wasn't going to let you sleep through whatever it was." You smiled at him knowing that, that wasn't what you meant by it.

You leaned up at him and kissed him. "We should head back to the school soon. I don't want to leave Wendy for too long."

"How about we get Wendy and go shopping. Christmas is right around the corner." You nodded your head. Then without warning he rolled out of bed leaving you in the sheets.

You watched his every move, his pajama pants showing off his bulge. He felt your eyes on him and slowly bent over to 'grab' something off the floor giving you a full view of his ass. You laughed at his antics and rolled out of bed yourself.

Once the both of you were ready for the day Severus apparated you to the forest outside of Hogwarts.

"Go get Wendy and meet me in my office. I have some last minute lesson plans to send to Albus." You stood on your tip toes and kissed his cheek.

"Okay I'll see you soon." You headed into the classroom and down to the hospital wing where the new daycare was located. The door right across the hall was left slightly opened and you pushed it to open completely.

"Wendy?" Little bug came running at you with her arms outstretched. "Hey bug! How are you?" You bent down to hug her.

"Good! Where were you?" She pulled away and looked into your eyes.

"Momma was busy but guess what?"

"What?!" Her excitement palpable.

"We're going shopping with Severus!" She jumped up and down smiling ear to ear. She really did like that mysterious man.

You escorted the two of you down to Severus's office. The door was closed but you didn't bother knocking. He was expecting you.

"I have Wendy. Ready to go Severus?" You scan the room and there wasn't anyone there. "Severus?"

"One moment!" He yelled from the storage closet. "Just grabbing some stuff!"

He hurried out a minute later wearing his coat and black mittens. "Bundle up! It's cold out." He rushed over to you and Wendy and scooped Wendy up in his arms. "You'll freeze if you head out like this bug!"

He used the nickname. Your heart swelled at the image of them. He was more of a father to her than Dane ever was. You handed Severus her coat and shrugged your own on.

"Let's get going before it gets dark. I say we stop at the candy store before we get too far. Maybe get Wendy some treats."

She squealed in excitement. "Can we?" You looked to Severus.

"Of course we can. But don't spoil your lunch." She nodded enthusiastically making both you and Severus smile.

You walk together hand in hand with Wendy on your hip. This will be the first time you left the castle grounds with Wendy since you got her back. It frightened you what could happen to her. But Severus and a calming way about him when you were around and it helped immensely.