Chapter 29

I leave Minerva's embrace and turn off the timer. "It's time. I don't know if I can do this." But I have too so I walk to the bathroom door and open it. I walk in a walk to the sink.

I grab the test without looking at it and walk back to the couch. I sit next to Minerva and look at my hands which hide the results.

Slowly I remove my hands and stare at the word -
"Pregnant"
- in big bold letters. The one word that can turn your life upside down.

"Pregnant." Is all I say as my face goes blank. Unconsciously my hand goes and rest on my stomach protectively.

Minerva's hand joins mine. "Take all the time you need, but you have to tell Severus. I know his birthday is coming up but this needs to be discussed as soon as possible." I nod in agreement and stand from the couch.

"I'll go now. He's in our office."

No, no Y/n. He's not Dane. He loves me unconditionally and that is how he'll love our child. He'll be ecstatic. Just wait you'll see.

My feet take me to our office as my head reels. *knock knock*

"Busy." His gruff voice calls out.

*knock knock*

"I said I'm busy!" His voice gets louder.

*knock knock* "Sev."

His voice goes quiet. "Y/n?" His footsteps sound as he gets closer to the door. I watch as the doorknob slowly twists and then the door opens to reveal my tall mysterious man standing there looking at me with pure worry.

"Y/n, is everything okay? Why did you knock?" He gently grabs my hand and pulls me inside the office. He takes us to one of my green armchairs and pulls me onto his lap once he's sitting. "Talk to me love."

I slowly, carefully, hold up the test so that the word "Pregnant" is facing him. His breathing goes shallow and he looks down to where my hand is resting on my stomach.

"Y/n?" His voice is shaky and filled with uncertainty. "Tell me that's what I think it is."

"Happy early birthday Sev. You're going to be a dad. I hope that's okay. It's still early enough to terminate the pregnancy." His face drops at the last part.

"Y/n, I don't want to terminate anything. I love you forever and I'm so excited for this little one to come. It's just... so unexpected."

"Yeah I know. But I was wondering if you wanted to meet my parents? Sorry I know that's not on topic but you last met them when I was a student. You're my fiancé and baby daddy now."

He laughs softly at me. "Of course I want to meet your parents love. Can I ask how long you've known about this... baby?"

"I've felt off since a few days after our excursion on the students' desks. But I just took the test with Minerva in her office."

He leans in and kisses me. "No matter what happens I love you always and this baby is a blessing. I know we're not married yet but this is good. This will be our future. We just need to be careful. The dark lord has been increasingly adamant when it comes to our relationship. If he finds out about this it won't end well. That is unless we ask for his permission. But he might make you become a death eater."

I just stare at him wide eyed. "Can we worry about my parents before we worry about the dark lord and his crazy ass."

Sev lets out a chuckle and kisses me again. "As you wish my love." He then leans down and kisses my stomach. "I can't wait to meet you buttercup." He then returns to my lips and kisses me again.

"Best birthday present ever. Thank you my love. For everything. Now where is that delicious candy you supposedly bought." That got me laughing.

"It's in Minerva's office. I was too worried about the test I forgot about it!"

"Well what are we waiting for then? Let's go get candy!" Severus picks me up in his arms and sets me down on my feet before practically dragging my to Minerva's office to get us candy and to gossip about their least favorite students. But now, to talk about baby names and baby stuff.

Seeing Severus so attached to the baby already makes me feel much more relaxed and happy and allows me to enjoy it much more.

"Severus." I say when the conversation between him and Minnie starts to dwindle.

"Yes love?"

"I love you, forever." I blush at my own words when I see the way his face lights up.

"I love you too!" He comes over to where I'm standing and sweeps me into a large loving kiss that makes Minerva take a large gulp of her drink.

"You two are so cute it's gross. Now back to baby names! What are your top choices Y/n?"

"I'm not sure... Elise for a girl... and Henry for a boy. Unless Severus has something better."

"Sev Jr, Sam, Wesley, Dean, Sarah, Henley, Jasmine, Carter, anything cute really. But I love Elise or Henley and Henry or Wesley."

"I like those too. Hmm, what do you think Minerva?"

"Beautiful choices! But I think you should do something with my name."

"How about middle name Nellie for a girl and Gonagal or Minnie for a boy?"

"I love it!"

"Same."

"Finally someone incorporating MY name. I'm the best teacher here and yet I'm never used for names."

"Not anymore Minnie! You are both Sev's and my best friend." I pause slightly. "I love you guys. You have no idea how many times you've saved me."

"Oh we love you too darling." Minerva says and Severus nodded while pulling me onto the couch so that I was cuddled up against him.

"I love you forever. And I'll save you a million times over if I have to."

A/n: Votes!!! ❤️ Elise 🧡 Henley 💛 Henry 💚 Wesley 💙 Other