Chapter 67

I grab a lock of his beautiful hair and twirl it around my finger. He's still unconscious as his body tries to heal.

"My handsome man. Come back to us." I whisper lovingly over him.

"Daddy Sev?" Wendy calls from the doorway.

Then Clint shows up behind her panting slightly. "Sorry, she's getting better at harnessing her power. She locked me in their room and then came to find you."

"Daddy?" She calls again, concern coating her small voice. "Why isn't he answer me?" She asks, her wide eyes sweeping to me.

"Daddy got hurt, bug. He's sleeping in order to feel better."

"Oh..." she cocked her head to the side slightly like a little puppy as she thought. "Did he stub his toe?"

"It was a little worse than that. He got attacked by a very bad man. But the bad man is gone now. So Daddy just needs to heal in peace. Once he wakes up you can come in and get cuddles, okay?"

"Okay Momma. Uncle Clint can we go play horsey?"

Clint took in a deep breath almost like a sigh and nodded. "Yeah bugaboo we can."

To Clint I say, "I'll go check on Henley, make sure she's all set for nap time before I apparate back to Hogwarts. Minerva will need as many hands as possible."

"I know, I wish I could help too but we'll just have to take turns on who's here and who's there." Clint picks up Wendy and takes her outside to play horsey. Also referred to as slightly-abusive piggyback rides.

I go in to see Henley. My girl is already 8 months. I can't believe how the time flies. Henley was sitting on a little carpet in her room while holding a small plush toy in her hand. She was cooing to the toy and rocking side to side a little.

I rapped my knuckles against the door softly and Henley looked up. With an adorable coo and smile she set her toy down and began crawling towards me.

I walk to her and scoop her up into my arms. She giggles at me and puts her hands on my face. "Hi baby girl. You ready for a nap?"

She smiles and puts her head closer to my chest.

"Okay baby girl, let's get you in bed."

I put her on her changing table and put a fresh diaper, onesie, and sleep sack on her before gently setting her down in her crib and kissing her on the cheek, goodnight. I flip the light off and close the door behind me.

I grab my bag with my wand, two more heading potions with our med kit, and a camera. History was made and most people will be too busy to document the rubble before the fix.

With my bag slung over my shoulder I go out back to see Wendy atop Clint's shoulders, smiling from ear to ear.

I walk up to them and say my goodbyes. Promising that I'd be back home before dinner.

At Hogwarts, it was almost dusk while it was just after lunch at home. I grabbed my camera and took a shot of the school in all of its former glory. Walls crumbled down, towers without roofs, piles of rubble covering up missing limbs and more.

But no living persons could be found. They were all in the Great Hall healing up. I made my way carefully through damaged corridors until the large doors of the Great Hall should be. They were blown off their hinges and then replaced with newer ones.

The new doors were opened and the sight was sickening. Students and faculty, friends and family, lovers, all torn apart. Some were just staying over night to make sure their smaller wounds healed. Others were getting ready to transfer to a larger clinic being set up by the Ministry of Magic. But far too many, were being prepared to be buried. Whether that was family and friends saying goodbye, or waiting for someone to move them.

I heard from a student passing by me that all casualties would be buried together with one large headstone for all of them. They were keeping those who passed in a separate room until the mass burial.

I weaved my way through gurneys and make shift beds on the ground. Dashing between beds Minerva and Poppy worked in tandem, attending to everyone at an amazingly fast rate.

I finally got ahold of Minerva. "Minerva, where can I help?" She snapped out of her frenzy of healing wounds and comforting family to smile and weary smile at me.

"We have it mostly covered here, we need the roof mended before it rains. Rolanda has spare brooms in her office. Can you manage that?"

"Of course. But take these." I hand her the two potions. "For you and Poppy. You two both have injuries that need to be tended to."

"There aren't enough words to thank you enough." She hugged me tightly and took the potions. I left the great hall only after making sure they both took their potions.

Walking into Hooch's office was surreal. She wasn't one of the staff members I considered a close coworker nor a friend. But we were well acquainted.

I spotted her wall of cabinets, all full of student broomsticks. I found one large enough to fit my frame and then walked out to the patio.

Setting the broom on the dew covered grass, I say "Wingardium Leviosa," with demand and the broom jumps into my hand. I lift myself up onto the large child training broom and fly up to the roof. Scouring the roof until I find Rolanda Hooch above the Great Hall. She had cast a large scale version of Reparo and was slowly making her way across all of the intact roofing. A good chunk of the roofing over the building was missing along with the walls that had collapsed beneath.

This war caused damages that would take weeks to mend.

"Rolanda!" I call out to her over the slowly increasing wind. The storm was coming in to wash away the blood and sorrows.

"Y/n!" We both land our brooms and stand facing one another trying to talk over the wind.

"I'm assuming you came because Minerva sent you. I could definitely use the help before the storm but I'm surprised you're here. Between your alleged death and your ex-fiancé having escaped from both sides of the fight... I'm surprised you would show your face here."

"Don't be an ass Rolanda Hooch. Severus was a spy for both sides of the war but he was here for the good of the school. My alleged death was for the safety of my children. Yes, it was also for Severus to keep the dark lord off his back but it was my children that had me leaving my home. This school is my home. So either we can keep debating that, which will get you no where and we'll be soaked up here before we finish; or, we can get to work and try to beat the storm."

"I'm not being an ass. Just stating facts. You take the west side of the roof I'll take the east. The great hall is the only one I'm worried about finishing for today."

"Sounds good."

We both got back on our brooms and slowly but surely made our way across the roof, patching and mending holes with a mass version of reparo.

Rain drops started falling and the two of us finished the roofing. We nodded to each other, the wind making it too loud to converse, before returning back to ground level and then back to Hooch's office.

I hand her the broom I borrowed and gave my farewells before heading back into the Great Hall to check in with Minerva.

"Y/n! Thank god you're here. Clint's owl got deterred by the storm. One of the staff doing repairs found him. There's a letter for you."

"Oh my god. Thank you Minnie." I grab the letter and basically rip it open. The letter read:

Y/n,

Be safe in the storm but hurry home quick. He's awake and asking for you.

-Clint