The Kings P.O.V

I was awoken by the loud rapping on my door. Groaning at the darkness coating the room telling me it wasn’t anywhere near dawn.

“Darling, who’s at the door?” whined the very annoying voice of Sika. I enjoyed  her company when she was silent or when warming my bed.

Sika was truly exotic with her dainty face and blood red curls. Her emerald eyes contrasting with her porcelain completion, but for all her beauty she was a horrid person. Thinking of only herself day in and day out. With her arrogance and pride she was always right and could never be proven wrong.

she has been my mistress for the past four years. I did not agree with all of the restrictions of the old law. So I made a new law for my kingdom. One is permitted to wed only their soul-mate; however, they could bed and, if necessary, impregnate any other woman they pleased.

Alas I have yet to find my own soul-mate; she must be the epitome of all beauty.

“Darling!” Sika’s whining drew me from my thoughts of my mate. I hated her for that. She had a delusional thought that she would one day miraculously become my mate and she would become Queen.

I knew the truth; Sika would never be fit to be Queen.

“Darling, make them stop!” her whine was more annoying than the loud banging on my door.

Angry with everyone around me I stood and abruptly forced the door open that it cracked against the wall. There stood my general and my brother in arms.

“This had better be good.” I growled wanting nothing more than to return to bed and dream of my mate. His smirk grew bigger and a glint shone in eyes that made me wary; and that’s saying something.

“Oh it is very good and you will be quite pleased.” he stated cryptically.

“Well out with it.” I growled when he wasn’t going to elaborate.

“The seer wants to see you.” He said off handedly. However the grin on his face gave away his excitement. Hell I was excited.  

I gave my seer explicate orders to not call on me lest she has news of my mate. so with that thought in mind, I snatched my clak of its hook and slung it around my bare shoulders. I was too eager to care about the cold that filled the castle during the night even if it was summer. In the day it would warm up and the royal blue cloak , that held my crest of an eagle swooping low, talons out stretched and his eyes filled with hate and blood lust, would keep me from catching cold in the early morning chill.

Both my general and I rushed to the wing of the castle that the seer cals home. It was no secret to me that the warrior looked up to me as a younger brother would his senior and I considered him family.

He was eager to meet the woman he would call sister. I knew nothing would harm her with him at her side when I could not be there. I also know no other man would touch my beloved.

Not bothering to knock we both entered the chamber of the Seer. Her chamber was littered with artifacts and magical trinkets from all over, some old and some new.  

She lacked nothing when it came to these artifacts yet she would always say her collection was incomplete. There was on piece of magic missing, an amulet; one of the five great amulets.

one amulet for each of the sacred races. The Elder Oaks chose to meld their amulet into the cover of a leather bound book. Inscribed in the book were puzzles and crypts telling the story of a great and powerful knowledge lost but could yet be found.

The warrior melded their amulets into weapons. The Forsaken chose a sword, the Forbidden an axe, and the Forgotten a bow. Only the Warrior of true lineage can wield these weapons; luckily my warrior is of one such lineage.

Now the Pures agreed that their amulet remain that, an untouched, untainted, “Pure” amulet.

That amulet is easily hidden seeing as it is small, light and concealable. But it is a sought after trinket. one that has made many mad with frustration and obsession.

“Master.” my Seer purred seductively. Women Seers usually are masters of manipulation and seduction. Jade is no different. she could pass for a Pure with her ink black hair and petit features; however, her blood red eyes gave away the fact that she was anything but a Pure.

“What have you seen?” I was abrupt for although Jade has shared my bed, I wanted news on my mate.

She looked slightly taken back but quickly covered it up with her sly smirk.

“I have seen the path of your mate. If she continues on the way she is, she will walk right into your arms. However, I sense that if she loses heart she will chose to perish instead, though that is rare possibility.” she said her bright eyes never leaving mine. This news troubled me.

“What can I do?” I was worried I would lose her before I even had her.

“Nothing, you must let her come to you on her terms,” Jade replied. For the past few years I have felt that she doesn’t speak the full truth about  my mate, this time is no different. But I keep quiet, she is the only window I have to my mate and I have invested countless hours, days and men to her service, I truly don’t want to have that all be for not.

“Very well.” I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose in the process. I felt her skilled finger run up my arms and slide into my hair.

“I asked forgiveness master, for I have not brought you news you would desire.” she pouted slightly. Although Jade would provide an excellent distraction to my disappointment, something was nagging me to leave; so I did.

I offered her my back and made my way to my personal hot springs. my mate was on her way, I need to prepare.