Seers (Jade's) P.O.V

Disappointment, anger, hate and love all ran through me the second my king shut the door. He just walked out on my offer; no man has been able to walk out on me.

“You’re losing your touch... daughter.” His voice was, as always, gruff and full of wisdom. It was the kind of voice you would trust automatically. But it only sent fear crawling down my spine.

“My apologies, father.” I whispered. My father frightened me, for I knew what others did not. He is the epitome of evil. He makes Hades’ hellhounds look like new born puppies.

“At least you have kept your mouth shut about all you know. The king cannot know the truth about all you know. The king cannot know the truth about his little mate just yet.” he was frustrated with me.

“Father, I will have the king and your plan will be fulfilled.” I tried to placate him.

“How do you think you’ll manage that? He knows you hide information from him and he hasn’t shared his bed with you in over a year. And forget you that his mate is an Avenger and what her Lineage is?” He scolded me and I knew his anger was close.

“But father he would no longer want her, she is his enemy and he has sworn to kill all of those vermin off.” But before I could continue he interrupted me.

 “No my daughter, you are losing the King, and that cannot happen. Don’t you remember how important it is to get everything perfect? The King’s mate will fail to kill hum and in his betrayed rage he will kill her, not because of her lineage. He will then become mate less and you must be his next choice or everything we have done, every detail put into planning this would be for not.” His anger now simmered just under the surface, so I did what I knew would placate him, I told him all that I saw.

“The King may have heard what was needed; however, there is more. His mate, Mist, she will obtained the amulet and the key, she will find and access the Lost City. She will reawaken the Pures and lead them unknowingly straight into your grasp. this time, mother will not escape you.” I kept my voice neutral, not showing my heartache and fear.

“Good, good. The time is close at hand. Finally my queen will be in my sights once again. You did well my daughter, stay on this path and the King will be your reward.” My father’s voice faded into the clack that surrounded the edges of my chambers. Oh how I am torn. my love for a man who will never see me as anything more than his plaything continues to grow, as does the fear of failure. What I said is true yet neither my father nor the King knows this mate more that I and I fear she will see reason before anyone else can. I pray that she will for my mother’s sake and for my sister. I took them out of this hell, I intend for them to stay out.