Struggles (2)

(So im gonma put a warning here for mentions of abuse and self harm. Lyrics life is really tough right now. You'll learn thay as the story goes. But don't get the wrong idea, lyric is still baddie)

You say with Roxy and Foxy at a table, Roxy ordered pizza for the three of you. You wondered how they were able to eat as you picked at your own slice.

You weren't hungry very often.

"How was your day Lyric?" Roxy questioned as she ate a slice.

Your day?

Well school was shit so you left half way through the day. Got yelled at by your dad in one of his drunken tantrums and your pretty sure you had a stalker.

But it wasn't the worst of days you've had.

For example your father didn't hit you in his rage this time. The bitch that thought she was better than you wasn't at school either.

And you've been now four months clean of any self harm tendencies.

Something you struggled with after your mom's death and then being blamed for it by literally everyone in your family.

And well... you believed it too.

But aside from all this all you responded to Roxy with a small shrug, "it wasn't bad. Uneventful for the most part" you forced a bite of the pizza.

Foxy didn't touch the pizza he just watched you.

He'd been doing that ever since he met you a few days ago.

Weirdo...

"Thats good!" She smiled at you "We've only been open a few days now, and it feels like it's busier then before the whole Afton thing..."

"Well you have new animatronics and a new attractions and youd been closed for a good majority of the year so..."

"Aye that is true. Personally I am still adjustin to... all of this" Foxy joined in the conversation.

"Well you'd been gone for years... im not surprised if you need to get used to everything.." Roxy had a different look on her face as she looked at Foxy.

Sad almost.

"But I am glad to be back! It is good to be around the crew again. And you've grown so much since I last saw ya Roxy.."

Roxys tail wagged, "er yeah! You... you had taught me well Foxy."

And he had. But he should've fought harder for his life. She'd missed him...

It was so strange having him back. It didn't feel the same...

She was glad he was back but the bond between them seem strained.

"Lyric.." you looked up to Foxy.

His eye looking at you intently.

"Uh yea?"

"Why do ya come here? Is it really just ta see Roxy?" Foxys accent was really nice, even though he made you nervous.

You couldn't exactly pinpoint it, obviously it was supposed to match that of a pirate but maybe Australian or Irish too? You couldn't tell. But it was nice, not high pitched or too deep.

But you still didn't like him much.

"I mean...." Why did it matter though why you came here?

You couldn't exactly be like oh I came here because Roxys fine as fuck and I really like her.

Nah.

"I just... like coming here and relaxing. Roxys just really cool..."

He didn't buy it.

"Well I am the best so I don't blame you lyric!" Roxy boasted her tail wagging.

You smiled, she was so cute.

Yes it was true. You really did like her, obviously you could ask her out. You wouldn't be the only human to do so...

But you weren't ready.

You'd be turning 18 soon, within the next month. Then you could finally get a job... you wanted to make sure you had shit in order before you delve into a relationship.

You had to put yourself first before you included another person.

You'd seen how badly diving into a relationship when you aren't ready could go.

Roxy and Foxy did most of the talking. When Foxy was around you didn't try to talk as much.

Eventually though the clock struck closing time.

You had to go...

You hugged Roxy goodbye.

Foxy told you to have a good night but it didn't feel genuine.

You really didn't want to go home...

Your dad was probably there. Drunk.

He always drank now.

After your mom died, instead of the two of you keeping each other close he pushed you away. Blamed you. And drank away his grief.

You only hated the way your dad reacted.

But you couldn't hate him.

He had been one of the best fathers.

But when his own daughter was to blame for his wife's death you could understand why he pushed you away.

Its the drinking and the abuse that he should maintain control over. That's what you hated about him. His lack of restraint.

But no, the alcohol clouded his judgment and you suffered the effects.

At least you'd be able to leave soon...