A wolf and a fox

"Foxy! Where you been dude I've been looking for you all day!" Roxy rushed up to her old friend who sat gloomly by himself at a table.

It being one of the tables he had scratched with his Hook one of the days he spent with you...

They hadn't fixed it yet.

Roxy was greeted with silence. Foxys attention wasn't on her, it was on the message displayed behind his eyes.

Did he hate you?

No...

If anything it was the opposite.

But did he want to see you later and talk?

...

Dammit. Yes.

But no, he was hurt and pissed and he wanted to hurt you back. Not physically, just emotionally the way you hurt him.

But he couldn't bring himself to do that...

He understood you being upset but truly your dad did deserve it. He was a threat to your safety, and Foxy just wanted to protect you. If your father could hurt you, he could just as easily kill you.

So getting rid of him seemed like the better option for your well being. plus let's be honest, he would of drank himself to death eventually. Foxy just sped up the inevitable.

"Earth to Foxy?" Roxy waved her hand in foxys face forcing him to focus on her.

"Aye, what do ya want..?" He grumbled.

He just wanted to be alone.

Foxy frowned, "are you okay?" She scooted in the seat across from him.

"...just fine. Did ya need somethin Roxanne?"

Roxanne? Something was definitely wrong...

"Not particularly, I was just looking for you. But Foxy you look upset..."

Foxy snarled, "Roxy stop. I be fine..."

With a deadpan expression Roxy sighed, "Foxy. I know you. Somethings eating away at that head of yours..."

Foxy stood up. He didn't want to talk to Roxy about you. But like you, Roxy was stubborn and followed him, pestering him to know what was wrong.

Foxy snapped, "Roxy! I don't want to be talkin right now... please leave me alone..."

His ears drooped. Foxy felt sad, he missed you.

Did you hate him? Did he fuck up any chance of having you? He scoffed to himself, how did he go from hating humans to desiring one for himself?  Before, he never would of cared about losing you but now?

It physically pained him that today may be the last time you interact with him.

Roxy frowned, she wanted to respect him and give him his space. But Foxy looked so devastated, and she's never seen him like this. Not since he killed that gaurd at least...

Foxy wasn't very showy with his feelings unless it really affected him and so, if she could, Roxy wanted to help him.

Scanning her friend, something caught roxys eyes, was that... paper? Sticking out of Foxys chest cavity?

Before he could notice it sticking out, she snatched it and jumped away from him. Foxy mever carried things around...

Taking a second to process what the wolf did, Foxys eyes went wide, "ay! That be mine! Don't look at that! Give it back!" He tried to grab it from the wolf but she dodged him with ease.