Sean's POV

Kaycee.

Even her name was beautiful. There was something so mesmerizing about her to where I wanted to sit here for hours and learn everything there is to know about this woman.

"And you're Chef Lew." Kaycee smiles with a light giggle. I couldn't help but smile back. Her's was too contagious. Just by looking at her I could see that she's so full of life. "You can call me Sean." I said, my smile never faltering.

"Aww, why? You have a nickname for me. I should be able to do the same." She reasoned, a fake pout on her lips. I chuckled at her comment. "If you want to. Just don't think too hard, I didn't think that much for yours." I said while looking into her eyes. Her head cocked to the side.

"So is that what you call all of the others?" She asked before taking another bite of her plate. I watched her intently while playing with her mildly bejewelled fingers. She wore gold rings with anything and everything to do with the sky. It made sense though. She was celestial herself. Her head was in the clouds and the beautiful hazel eyes she possessed twinkled like the stars herself. Almost like a trap. Once I began looking at her, I couldn't stop.

I could easily read her. The key to it was her eyes. "What makes you think there are others?" I asked, an amused smile on my face. Kaycee shrugged sheepishly as she chewed her food. "You're a handsome guy, what can I say?"

"So tell me, what got Sean Lew into the culinary world?" Kaycee asked before sipping her water. I perked up at her question, pulling myself from the daze her beauty had me in. "Well, I've always watched my parents and grandparents cook and bake foods from their cultures. I never really wanted to do it until I was forced to cook dinner for a punishment." I replied, letting out a mild chuckle at the memory.

"Why were you punished?" Kaycee asked, amusement laced in her voice. "Oh! I broke a picture frame by accident when playing hide and seek with my sisters." I explained. a stream of giggles left Kaycee's mouth at my story.

"Aww, I bet baby Sean was adorable." She cooed. "When do I get to see a picture?" Her eyebrow lifted suggestively.

"Oof! I think that's like...5th date material." I said, sucking in a sharp breath. The blush on Kaycee's cheeks only darkened as a genuine laugh filled the room. "5th date? Wow! Someone's cocky." She exclaimed in shock, however the smile on her face remained.

A genuine laugh fluttered out of me at her reaction. "Not cocky. I just believe in our connection." I said, giving her a serious look in the eyes. I swear I heard her breath hitch in her throat. Our moving hands finally intertwined completely. Nerves rose in my stomach as she froze with her fork in her hand so I tried my best to change the subject.

"I'm sorry, that was really weird of me to say-" I apologized quickly, but was cut off when she started to speak. "No. I thought it was really sweet." Kaycee said, looking down sheepishly at her lap.

Her eyes gleamed in the dim lighting as she looked at me sneakily. "Anyway, enough about me. What do you do for a living?" I asked.

Kaycee sat up straight and cleared her throat, freeing it of any food that was possibly remaining. "Um, I am in real estate. It's kind of a family business thing."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Wow! I didn't peg you as a real estate agent kind of woman." I said truthfully, crossing my free arm over my other. Kaycee grinned then grabbed her fork again. "Well technically, I'm a real estate lawyer. We like to determine what would be our strong suit within the company before actually getting the job."

"I really like it though. Especially, when the home goes to the rightful owner. I won't lie though. There are times where the defendant's opponent will get the home, leading to worse outcomes that aren't even in my control like custody of children and finances in divorce. It's so sad to see because everything just falls into the wrong hands. Throughout the job, you build relationships with these people, you know? You have the power to make someone's day, hell, their life and sometimes you just don't do good enough. But I believe everything happens for a reason and karma is something special so everyone will always get what they deserve. Sorry I'm babbling, forgive me."