This is officially the zone of new content! Welcome and thank you!😊
- Bre❤️

Kaycee's POV

"Meeting adjourned!" My boss declared while rising from the conference table. Fellow members of the real estate business were dispersing from the table. "You all have done great work, but this week you've really got to buckle down. Summer is approaching, which means families are counting on us. Don't disappoint them, and more importantly, don't disappoint me." She stated sharply.

Seeing my mother in the zone at work was an empowering sight nevertheless. To see her flip a personal switch and transform into this dominant, fearless woman who didn't take anything unworthy; I couldn't help but admire her. The room cleared quickly, leaving my mother and I only. A small smile overtook my features as I watched her pack away her things.

"What is it?" She asked, without looking at me. I chuckled then rose from my seat. "Nothing at all, Mrs. Rice. I'm off to lunch. Do you want anything?" I slung my laptop bag over my shoulder and grabbed my case of files.

"Thank you, but no. Also, you should be going home. You work too much." My guardian commented, still sliding her belongings into her bag.

"I don't mind a few extra hours of digging. I just care about my defendants, that's all." I shrugged, my smile remaining. The woman in front of me shook her head playfully as she smiled to herself. "But anyway, I will take you up on that offer. Home I shall go." I chirped before sauntering out of the office.

I hummed a tune as I went into the vacant elevator. Once I was let off, I walked through the spacious lobby. "Have a good evening, Kaycee!" I heard our receptionist, Clara, chirp. I sent her a wide smile and a wave before exiting the doors.

It was a gloomy morning, but the sky cleared to shine its brightest star. There wasn't an unbearable heat. The atmosphere contained a cool breeze as flowers bloomed on the shrubs of nearby stores.

I walked to my car with caution, vigorously smashing the jammed unlock button. I swore under my breath as it still wouldn't unlock. Lacking the patience, I opened my door with the manual key and got in. After carefully laying my bags in the passenger seat and buckling my seatbelt, I started my car then pulled out of the full parking lot, becoming wary of my coworkers.

Finding my way to my favorite cafe, I encountered a busy street. I giggled to myself as I thought of the night Sean and I had to guide ourselves through traffic. Thinking of his previous suggestion, I pulled over and began walking.

I found it odd how such a daily occurrence led me to think of the charming man. Who knew that the simple acts you make in a day can become so much more if you meet the right person? I missed Sean. It's been 2 months of spontaneous adventures, random pop ups at my apartment, and bringing me food if I was hungry. I always insisted he didn't, but he demanded otherwise.

As I walked into the cafe, I realized it was time for me to return the favor. I scanned the menu of various foods and drinks. My eyes settled on a certain item that I remembered to have shared with Sean before. "What can I get you, Kaycee?" A voice asked kindly.

My eyes snapped down to the young girl's face. Evelyn was her name. She was a 17 year old girl with twinkling dark brown eyes and jet black hair. Her eyes squinted as she smiled widely at me. I was a regular customer.

"Hi Evie! Can I get a 3-pack of chocolate chip cookies, a bruschetta panini, and...2 fruit cups?" I asked, taking out my wallet.

"Kaycee, you better not be pregnant." She commented while collecting my items. I laughed wholeheartedly then playfully glared at her. Her eyes beamed with amusement when she took my money. "I'm getting lunch for someone, I'll have you know." I responded, recovering from my laughter.