A hot cup of sweet coffee filled the glass of Kaycee's favorite mug, resting in her hands as she watched the sunrise. Somehow she'd never seen it with so much satisfaction in her heart. A light grin settled on her face as the light breeze hit her face. Goosebumps were vacant on her arms due to her instinct to grab one of Sean's jackets.

Sighing, Kaycee stood slowly once the sun fully arose and walked the nature trail to her car, gulping the rest of her coffee down; knowing she'd regret it later.

The drive was tranquil— something she desired deeply at the time. Not that life was chaotic, but sometimes she wished time would slow down. Sitting in the grass with a cup of coffee always made time feel obtainable—controlled, at least in her world.

Cars began finding their place in lanes as rush hour approached. Kaycee let out a huff of relief when she turned onto an emptier street, thankful not to be caught in the traffic. She usually didn't mind traffic when with someone, but alone, she felt like a small speck in the universe that was drowning in her thoughts. They would eat away at her despite her ability to push them away when around others.

A light hum left the woman's lips while fingers thumped on the steering wheel.

After the long week she had, Kaycee just wished to go home. This week was filled with hours in the office and time with her family along with Bailey and Tahani helping her move out of her apartment. To her there was no point of living there anymore due to her attachment to Sean.

Inevitably, once she stepped foot in the apartment it always felt like the atmosphere had shifted. Lingering trauma flew around like particles of dust once she unlocked the door. So she decided within 2 minutes of simply standing in the doorway that the only home she wanted was with Sean.

Right then and there Kaycee began making calls to her family and her landlord. She felt crazy for doing so, but she knew her boyfriend would only welcome her with open arms.

However, due to the event of moving from the apartment to storage and spending late nights at Bailey's, Kaycee hadn't seen Sean. Sure, they texted and he'd send her morning pictures, which she adored— her heart yearned for more. She missed him.

After a pep talk from Bailey with the help of Julian, Kaycee mustered up some courage to go back to Sean's house. Her home.

Here she was, now parked in the driveway beside Sean's car. Pushing down the butterflies in her stomach, Kaycee got out of the car and walked up the pampered driveway. She unlocked the door then pushed it open slowly in case her boyfriend was sleeping. Shutting and locking it behind her, she then guided herself to her boyfriend's room, still feeling a light flutter in her stomach.

As expected, she found her boyfriend snuggled in his bed and fast asleep. He slept diagonally on his stomach, resting his head on the pillow she normally slept on. Lightly gripped in his hand was his phone, which had his messages open. Kaycee giggled quietly to herself at how cute her boyfriend was.

She turned off the phone while kicking off her shoes before softly falling into his bed. Her head settled beside his, letting her breathe in the air he exhaled. Her lips curved into a smile at the image she deeply missed.

Her hand rested on his as she laid there peacefully with him. It was not until half an hour later when Sean slowly stirred into consciousness. His body stretched with a slight shake. Once his brown eyes welcomed the world once more, his vision settled on a smiling Kaycee.

The man swore he could cry. "Good morning, moon." Her soft voice rang. His hands covered his face as he laughed in joy. "You missed me, didn't you?" She teased. Her boyfriend only laughed while wrapping his arms around her and pulling her closer.