25

"Thank you! Thank you so much, Ms. Rice! I wish I could show you how grateful I am." The woman cried happily as she buckled her seatbelt.

"It's my job. I'm just happy your home is in the proper hands. Just get home safe and take care. I'm sure we'll be in touch." Kaycee replied, returning a small smile. As she checked her phone for emails, the woman dug in her purse.

"Here!" She exclaimed, handing Kaycee a dark brown card with gold writing. "It's a gift card to some fancy restaurant my mother went to. She says it's really good, and I'm sure you'll like it." The lady insisted, shoving it into Kaycee's hands. The brunette looked down at the slightly worn out card and recognized it to be Sean's restaurant.

A smile spread onto her lips as she thought of her boyfriend. She'd only seen him in the morning when he dropped her off to work, wanting to spend extra time with her and of course Kaycee didn't mind as long as he wasn't late for his shift.

They had planned to meet for dinner after Kaycee was done with her day. "Thank you, but I actually think you'll have better use for it than I will. I have to get going, but we'll talk soon." She beamed before walking to her own car. The lady waved her farewell kindly before pulling out of the parking lot.

The brunette settled in her car, locking her doors and buckling her seatbelt before starting the short drive to Sean's workplace. She listened to some new songs that he'd added to her library. Some she enjoyed, others she didn't care for but it didn't matter because Sean liked them and that was enough for her.

Her phone began vibrating violently in her cup holder as someone called her. Once she stopped at a red light, she answered after seeing it was none other than one of her best friends. "Hi Hani." Kaycee greeted, putting it on speaker.

"Hey Kayc. I just wanted to know if you would consider taking a look at some of my housing paperwork. It's a whole mess and I-" She started, not wanting to ask too much of her friend. Kaycee instantly cut her off in agreement.

"It should be fine. Worst case scenario, you can always contact my mom. You know you're like another daughter to her." She reassured her friend, turning onto Sean's road. After parking on the side of the road, Kaycee got out to walk whilst still on the phone. They talked a bit more while she walked, it wasn't until she reached the locker room door in the restaurant that they bid their farewells.

Once she opened the door, she was met with Julian, who was pacing frantically, and a shirtless Sean who had an amused smile on his face. "I don't think you're understanding this, Sean. It was so embarrassing! How would you feel if that happened to you when the expectations," he paused, putting his hand up to his highest ability. "Are up here and your performance was in fucking hell!?"

Sean laughed even harder, hiding his face in his hands. His laughter made her heart flutter- the sound of his happiness automatically made her brighter. "Hey guys." She smiled, making her presence known. Her boyfriend instantly opened his arms in his seat with a smile on his face while Julian still paced.

"Hey Rice." He grumbled while deep in thought. Kaycee sat next to Sean, letting him wrap his arms around her.

"How was your day?" He asked, providing her with a loving kiss on the cheek. She blushed, but shook her head to get out of her daze. "It was good. We won a trial. Yours?" She replied with a shrug.

"That's so good, angel!" He beamed, squeezing her tightly. "Mine was same old, same old..Well, until Julian told me about his crisis." Sean said, a smirk forming on his lips.

"What's the crisis?" She asked, looking up at Julian.

"Apparently, I suck in bed!" Julian groaned, dramatically sliding down the lockers to the floor. Kaycee giggled but cleared her throat as he was in noticeable distress. "We don't know that! What happened?" She asked.