15

Trigger warning: sexual assault
———

"I want you to hear me out and I'm not giving you a choice...because I'm right outside your apartment."

"And before you say anything, I know the police station is 10 minutes away from here. That's more than enough time for me to do what I need and leave." Gabe said in a tight, sadistic tone. Anger was an understatement of what was assembling in Sean's body. He swore he could kill.

Goosebumps were all over Kaycee's body as the words left his mouth. "Listen carefully, when I knock on your door, you're gonna answer and let me in. You're not going to call anyone or yell, you're going to listen to what I have to say then we'll see if you accept my offer." He explained.

"How about you listen carefully? You have no right to march in here and demand forgiveness or even my tolerance of you. Go fuck yourself!" She spat distastefully. If Sean was fully paying attention, he would've been proud that she was standing her ground but instead he was in her living room dialing a certain friend of his along with the local police. As long as Kaycee stalled, the quicker she would be protected.

"If you don't let me in now, I'll be sitting on your couch, waiting for you any time you come home from your precious family company. You won't know until it's too late. So I suggest we have our talk before things get out of hand, don't you think?" Kaycee eyed Sean, relieved that he was here to protect her if Gabe had something up his sleeve.

"Fine." She breathed out, hanging up before he made any other commands. Immediately, she blocked his number whilst going to Sean. "We have to hide every bit of proof of me being here. I'll hide in your closet. If he tries anything, I'll be right there." Kaycee opened her mouth to ask a question but Sean cut her off. "There isn't time for questions, beautiful. I just need you to trust me."

He cupped her face gently, seeing the slight fear in her eyes. "I'm right here." He stated before kissing her forehead then her lips. She didn't want to let go. It had been so long since Kaycee found herself lost in someone, and thankfully, now that person was Sean. His devotion to her made her float and lively, so much that she didn't even want a sample of what that felt like: losing him.

"I know." She mumbled, watching as Sean picked up his belongings and placed them neatly in her closet then himself. Kaycee closed it slowly, leaving it cracked so he could get proper air and see her along with a good amount of the apartment.

He could feel her nerves radiating off her body. However, his girlfriend took a deep breath and rolled her shoulders back before taking calm strides to the front door. The knocks were muffled for Sean, but Kaycee heard them as if they were gunshots fired at her walls.

Before she could chicken out, her hand twisted the cool doorknob, revealing the spawn of satan. "Hello, miss Rice. Oh how I've missed you." Gabe cooed, stalking into her apartment. Malice dropped from his lips and even spewed from his orbs as he looked at the woman in front of him.

Kaycee backed up with a large step, completely noticeable to her antagonist but she didn't care. For her it was better to be safe than sorry. "My gorgeous little Kaycee..." He said with the bite of his lip, reaching for her cheek.

"What do you want? Let's get this over with!" Kaycee spat, jerking away from his rough hand.

"I just want to talk." He shrugged, sitting down on one of her stools. His keys dangled from the belt loop of his jeans, a green pocket knife accompanying them. She could recall him buying it when they were still a couple. He spoke about engraving her initials in it. Back then Kaycee would consider it sweet, but now it felt as if he planned to use it on her from the moment he picked it up that day.