23

Sean and Kaycee walked into the embellished ballroom hand-in-hand. Neither were eager to take their next steps into the bustling atmosphere of what was the annual family company banquet. Kaycee could remember attending every year since she was the age of 12. Her parents always thought it would be best if their children adapted to the environment early on so the fear of representing the company would never graze their hearts.

After taking a deep breath, Kaycee pulled Sean along gently as she made confident, yet graceful strides toward the two tables that contained her relatives. One contained her siblings with their partners and/or plus ones while the other contained her parents and other crucial employees at the company.

Before they could reach them fully, Kaycee turned to Sean with a reassuring smile. "Remember, don't sweat any of this. You won't have any responsibilities here. Oh, and please tell me if and when you feel uncomfortable because I will not hesitate to pull you out of here...especially when you look as good as you do..but that's beside the point!" She rambled.

Sean smiled in return, looking down at her fondly. His hands slowly worked their way up to her exposed shoulders and then her neck. "Thank you, beautiful. I will let you know, promise." He nodded before pecking her lips sweetly. The woman tried not to melt into his touch so easily due to their environment, but she shared her adoration through her hazel orbs.

"Good, let's go!" She exclaimed quietly, once again turning back in the direction of her family.

"Sean! Nice to see you again, man!" Devon chirped, opening his arms to Sean for a bro hug. The latter accepted it with hesitance, still slightly nervous, but was relieved her family was being friendly.

"Kaycee! You look terrible as always." He teased, hugging his little sister tightly. Kaycee rolled her eyes playfully but continued to accept her brother's affection. "You guys made it!" Kylie squealed, rising from her seat beside her boyfriend.

Kylie hugged the couple simultaneously, complimenting them on their attires. "Dad's orders." Kaycee huffed in response, looping an arm through Sean's.

"Well don't just stand here, show him around! Socialize." Kylie said excitedly. Kaycee sighed softly but put on a good face. "Right. Come on, Sean."

They steered away from her family and walked calmly through the fancy ballroom. "I'm definitely gonna need a drink. How about you?" Kaycee asked, making her boyfriend chuckle.

"I'm sure it won't be that bad. But hey, knock yourself out. I'm driving." Sean reassured with a smile, putting his hand on the small of her back. Her skin felt like it was on fire when he made contact with her flesh. The loving look in his eyes didn't help her case either.

Kaycee wore a long-sleeve, ribbed dress that reached just above her knees. There was a small cutout in the back of her dress, right where Sean's hand was placed. The maroon color contrasted perfectly with her skin while the dress ultimately made her legs look longer along with her black strapped pumps.

Sean wore a classic black suit but found a maroon tie to match his partner. Unknowingly, it pleased Kaycee tremendously to match him. She loved how they would appear like they were one and were making it known to everyone.

"May I have a glass of champagne and some water, sweetheart? Thank you so much." Sean ordered with a charming smile to the lady behind the bar counter. The woman already looked frantic and overworked so Kaycee made sure to tip her after they got their order.

"So what's the plan? Where do we go first?" Sean asked, following his girlfriend as she sat down on a stool.

"Well first, we're going back over to greet my parents. You might have a few people bombard you with questions because there will be chairmen over there, but don't worry, they literally can't do anything to you. Then, we're gonna go say hi to my friend Clara that works at the front desk. She's been begging me to introduce you guys ever since the flowers. After that, I'm sure the food will be served so then we can chill and eat as everyone makes their speeches." She explained whilst making occasional glances around the room.