Late For The Wedding

Amy Pond:

I was dreaming. Dreaming of the Doctor, and his magickal princess again. Sera. My sister. But that was stupid, I was an only child, both Rory and I were, I never had a sister, called Seraphina, or Alice. The sun woke me up in the morning, shining in through my windows and I sat up, looking at my wedding dress hanging up on the wardrobe. I was getting married today.

A woman walked in then, and for a moment, I didn't know who it was. "Morning!" She told me cheerfully, carrying a tray full of scrambled eggs and bacon. And then I remembered.

"You're my mum. Oh, my God. You're my mum." Why did it feel like I barely knew her? She raised me, made me into the girl, the woman, I now was.

"Well, of course I'm your mum. What's the matter with you? And this is your breakfast, which your father made, so feel free to tip it out of the window if it's an atrocity. Downstairs, ten minutes? Big day!" That sounded about right, but I didn't know why. She left the room and I got out of bed, looking at the dress, then back at the door.

"Of course she's my mum. Why is that surprising?" I muttered, eating quickly and taking the plate back downstairs.

I walked into the living room and then saw my dad. And he didn't look familiar either, but a feeling of excitement bubbled up inside me as he turned to see me. "Ah, Amelia. I fear I may have been using the same joke book as the best man."

"You're my tiny little dad!" I grinned, unable to contain myself as I hugged him.

My mum shook her head, and I realised I was being an idiot. "Amelia, why are you behaving as if you've never seen us before?"

"I don't know. It's just." But I couldn't explain it, so I just went back upstairs to have a look at my dress again. But I couldn't shake the feeling something was missing. That there was something that needed to be here, or maybe someone. But who?

My best bet was to phone Rory, who sounded like he was brushing his teeth as he answered the phone. That was fine, it meant I knew he'd done it. "Hello!"

"Do you feel like you've forgotten something really important?" I liked to get straight to the point. "Do you feel like there's a great big thing in your head, maybe two, and you feel like you should remember them, but you can't?"

"Yep."

That wasn't helping.

"Are you just saying yes because you're scared of me?"

"Yep."

God, he was so adorable. "I love you."

"Yep." I raised my eyebrows and he cleared his throat. "Er, I mean, I love you too!"

DW

I was Mrs Amelia Williams! I was married! But I still couldn't shake that there was something missing, something so, so forgotten, that needed to be remembered, and it had something to do with my dreams. But what?!

"Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen, the father of the bride, Augustus Pond!"

Dad stood up, giving everyone an apologetic smile, faffing about with his queue cars. "Sorry, everyone. I'll be another two minutes. I'm just reviewing certain aspects." Please, please tell me there weren't audio visual aids...

"Your father, Amelia, will be the absolute death of me. Unless, of course, I strike preemptively." Ah, that'll be the day, paying mums bail after she tries to kill my dad after his team loses at foot ball.

And then I saw a woman, tall, with long blonde curls walk past the window to the reception room. Her eyes, her eyes were a soft grey, and for a moment, I swear they flashed brilliant gold. I stood up, looking at her, but then she faded out of sight.