Possession

The Doctor:

"Bye, then. Lovely meeting you. Sorry about the mess." I smiled, desperately trying to get back to the TARDIS, but the woman I was running from pinned me against the TARDIS door, stroking my hair. Please be asleep, please be asleep...

"You think I'll just let you leave without me, after what we've just been through?"

I shook my head, really hoping to get free. "You've got the Egyptian people to rule, Queen Nefertiti. They'll need reassuring after that weapon-bearing giant alien locust attack we just stopped rather brilliantly."

And then Phina came out, folding her arms at the woman. "Excuse me, but what do you think you're doing?"

"Leave us, peasant, this is nothing to do with you!" Neffy told her and I inwardly groaned. A pissing contest between my wife, a deadly Sarani Time Lord mix, and the most famous Queen of Egypt. This wasn't going to go well. "Are you hard of hearing as well as stupid? I said leave!"

Her eyes flashed gold and she moved forward, her hand on her knife, sheathed in her jacket. "I'm Priestess of Time, and I'm also his wife, Love. So, if I were you, I'd leave before Egypt needs a new Queen. Seraphina Tate, at your service."

Then we all jumped, my phone getting a text and I was freed from her embrace. "Oh dear, sorry. I've got it set to Temporal News For You. That's interesting."

"What is?" Neffy and Phi asked together, and then my wife growled, moving possessively closer to me. Really didn't mind, I was just happy we were together again. She was mine, and I was hers.

"Nothing. Not interesting. Not at all. Ooo, never been there. Exciting! I'm off!" We all went inside the TARDIS, heading towards the interesting place in question, with Nefertiti as well. Phina was really not very happy about this.

DW

"Craft size approximately ten million square kilometres." Indira told us, while Phi quickly went through all of the data, her hands so much better once she relented and let me cure her arthritis. If it came back, that was a different story.

"A ship the size of Canada coming at Earth very fast." She repeated, her eyes moving quickly as it went. "Any signs of life?"

"We sent up a drone craft. It took these readings."

The incoming spaceship was a central mass with lots of big pods extending out of it. "Crikey, Charlie, look at that. Ooo, I know someone who'd love to have a look at that. And the Ponds. Mustn't forget the Ponds, Seraphina, Neffy. Haven't seen them in ages, and Amy will love to see you and so would Mr Pond." I paused, looking at her as she just smiled, listening. "I'm riffing. People usually stop me when I'm riffing or carry on without me. That's also an option." The smile got bigger. "Why are you smiling like that?" I asked her, as she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. "Not that I'm complaining."

"I missed you, God, I missed you so much..." She laughed, pulling back and kissing me. "Plus, I listened to solid Bring Me the Horizion for 2 years, your voice is like melted chocolate."

Smiling back, I kissed her quickly again, lifting her into a piggie back as Neffy glared at my wife in jealously. Who cares, she's not a Queen but she is my Princess. "Can you communicate with this craft?"

I liked that question. "She's with us. Good question, Neffy."

"No. No response on any channel, in any recognised language. If it comes within ten thousand kilometres of Earth, we send up missiles."

My Princess sighed, hiding her face in my neck. "Oh, Indira, I liked you before you said missiles. How long till the ship gets that close?" She paused. "Never mind, just saw the clock. Six hours nineteen minutes. "Right. Better get a shift on, then. Leave it with us. Come on, Neffy. We're going to need help."