Our Precious Song

Sera:

Oh, she was so, so perfect... My little Melody... But they wanted to take her away from me. I couldn't let them, I, I just couldn't. "I wish I could tell you that you'll be loved, that you'll be safe and cared for and protected. But this isn't a time for lies, and that is one thing I will never do to you, because my parents lied to me my whole life." I told her, holding her close to my chest as the soldiers watched me. "What you are going to be, my darling Melody is very, very brave." 

The eye patch woman, Madam Kovarian, stepped forwards. "Two minutes." Try and take her from me.

"But not as brave as they'll have to be. Because there's people coming. I don't know where they are, or what they're doing, but trust me, they're on their way. There's a family who's never going to let us down, and not even an army can get in the way." Madam Kovarian stepped forwards, ready to take my daughter but I stepped back, growling protectively. "Leave her. Just you leave her. I'd like to see you take her without weapons."

I fought, trying so, so hard to keep hold of the daughter I'd wanted for so long now, but they took her from me, injecting me with a muscle relaxant, keeping me weak. They placed her into a perfect white Moses basket, letting me just look at her. "The boys are the last of their kind, and the girl is the feistiest person ever. They look young, but they've lived for hundreds and hundreds of years. And wherever they take you, Melody, however scared you are, I promise you, you will never be alone. Because this family is your family. Your aunt, uncle and father. Your father... He has a name, but the people of our world know him better, as the Oncoming Storm, the Bringer of Darkness. The Lonely Angel."

River:

Those guards, they always like to light up my arrivals with sirens and lights. Very bad when you're just a little bit tipsy. I moved to the phone, knowing it connected to the control booth. "Oh, turn it off. I'm breaking in, not out. This is River Song, back in her cell. Oh, and I'll take breakfast at the usual time. Thank you." I blinked, looking up and seeing a Roman and a Police woman. Well, that was new. "Oh, are you boys dressing up as Romans and Police now? I thought nobody read my memos."

"Doctor Song. It's Rory."

The stepped forwards, and I saw the shock of red hair from my Aunt Amy. "And Amy. Sorry, have we met yet? Time streams. I'm not quite sure where we are." 

Oh... Oh, yes, yes, we'd met. But the last time I saw them... "Yes. Yes, we've met. Hello, Rory. Hello, Amy."

"What's wrong?" They asked, seeing that I was staring at them in shock.

"It's my birthday." I smile slightly, my long full skirts brushing the ground. "The Doctor and Seraphina took me ice skating on the River Thames in 1814, the last of the great Frost Fairs. She got Stevie Wonder to sing for me under London Bridge." Oh, my parents... They never forgot the date.

"Stevie Wonder sang in 1814?" Rory asked, looking at me in confusion.

"Yes, he did." I laughed, shaking my head. "But you must never tell him."

"We've come from the Doctor too."

"Yes, but at a different point in time." I reminded them.

"Unless there's two of them."

"Now, that's a luckily a different birthday." Two dads and two mums, twice the restrictions.

"He needs you."

Checking my diary, not that I needed to, I sighed. "Demon's Run."

Amy blinked. "How, how did you know?"

"I'm from their future. I always know. Why on Earth are you wearing those?" I asked them, still curious about the Roman and Police gear.

"The Doctor's idea." Uncle Rory sighed, looking at the strange skirt type thing, while Amy just grinned. She loved dressing up.