Alenna

Clara:

Angie was staring at me in horror over her homework. "Oh, no. You're going to try and make a soufflé again, aren't you?"

She could be pretty mean when she wanted to be, but I was determined to do it right for once. "My mum's soufflé, yeah. Although this time I'll get it right. This time I will be Soufflé Girl." Why did that sound so familiar?

"How can it be your mum's soufflé if you're making it?" Artie asked, chewing the end of his own pencil. Maths, I knew that feeling.

"Because, Artie, it's like my mum always said." I smiled, whisking it. "The soufflé isn't the soufflé, the soufflé is the recipe."

Angie smirked. "Was your mum deep on puddings?"

"She was a great woman." Then I reached over and grabbed an envelope off the side, with neat cursive writing and a wax seal. Open When Alone. "What's this?"

"Oh, it arrived today. It's for you."

Well, that was interesting, so I left the soufflé for now and headed up to my room, opening it and reading it. "My dearest Clara. The Doctor and the Lady Sarah entrusted me with your contact details in the event of an emergency, and I fear one has now arisen. Assuming this letter will have reached you as planned, on April the tenth, 2013, please find and light the enclosed candle. It will release a soporific which will induce a trance state, enabling direct communication across the years." I dropped the candle, wiping my hand on my dress. "However, as I realise you have no reason to trust this letter, I have taken the liberty of embedding the same soporific into the fabric of the paper you are now holding. Speak soon."

And then I felt like I was falling asleep, but the next moment, I was sitting in a chair with Vastra, Strax and Jenny. "So glad you could make it."

"Where am I?" I was in my bedroom and now I was here...

Jenny gave me a small smile. "Exactly where you were, but sleeping."

"Time travel has always been possible in dreams. We are awaiting only two more participants."

Strax groaned. "Oh, no. Not the ones with the gigantic heads, one of which being blue?"

What was it with this potato? "It's hair, Strax."

"Hair." He repeated, sounding disgusted.

And then two women arrived next to each other in a puff of smoke, one being Sarah, looking terrified, and the other being another, older woman with curly blonde hair. She was pretty. "Madame Vastra."

"Professor. Lady Sarah." Vastra smiled, passing over two mugs. "Help yourself to some tea"

The woman smiled. "Why, thank you." And then she turned it into a champagne bottle and flute. 

"How did you do that?"

"Disgracefully." She winked. "Something my mother taught me. Before she died, anyway." The woman sent a dark look at Sarah who blushed scarlet, and looked away. What was going on there then?

Vastra cleared her throat in an attempt to lighten the atmosphere after that. "Ah. Perhaps you two haven't met. This is the Doctor and Sarah's companion. That is, their current travelling assistant."

"Assistant?" I questioned. That was not me, I was his friend, and that was it.

Strax frowned at Vastra. "Have you gone a darker green?"

"Clara Oswald."

"Professor River Song. The Doctor might have mentioned me?"

Oh, yeah, he did. Sarah had been quiet, but yeah, I knew she was a big part of his life. But not that she was an actual she. "Oh, yeah. Oh yeah, of course he has. Professor Song. Sorry, it's just I never realised you were a woman."