The Siren Song

Sera:

My family meant everything to me. They saved me from myself, they saved me from anything I did to myself, they just saved me. I was nothing without them, and the Doctor... Oh, my sweet, sweet Doctor... Now he knew about the nightmares, he made sure that I stayed in bed with him, holding me through every single one, rocking me as I cried, or as I lashed out at him, still in the dream.

He just held me and didn't let go, making sure that I didn't hurt myself in stead.

Today, we were on a ship, not entirely sure why, but you know. We were in the hold, or something like that, but it wasn't shaking at all. No wind, and no movement in the water. And then the captain and the rest of the people came and found us. "Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?" The Doctor smiled, wrapping his arm around me as we looked up at them.

We were dragged to the Captains quarters then, and we tried to explain to them that there was a distress signal that our sensor's picked up. The Captain, however, didn't believe me. "We made no signal."

"Our sensors picked you up. Ship in distress." I told him, focusing on what was there now, not on the acres upon acres of water outside the thin wooden planks.

He blinked in confusion. "Sensors?"

Ohhh.... Wrong time period for this to be understood. "Yes. Okay, problem word. Seventeenth century. Our ship automatically, er, noticed-ish that your ship was having some bother." The Doctor tried again, though that still didn't help.

"That big blue crate?"

"That is more magic, Captain Avery. They're spirits. How else would they have found their way below decks?" His first mate said, and I sighed, resting my head on the Doctor's shoulder. Spirits? Nah. My family were Angels and I was a Demon.

"Well, er, I want to say multidimensional engineering, but since you had a problem with sensors, I won't go there. Look, I'm the Doctor, this is my wife, Sera. And this is Amy, Rory. We're sailors, same as you. Ooo ar. Except for the gun thing. And the beardiness." Beardiness? Seriously? He was never growing a beard.

"You're stowaways. Only explanation. Eight days, we've been stranded here, becalmed. You must have stowed away before we sailed." Trust me, I hated boats, this wasn't even my idea!

"Now what do we do with 'em?" His first mate asked, and I held my breath, hoping that they wouldn't be cliché, because I really, really would much rather be shot then drown.

Avery gave us a wry smile, mostly looking at Amy and I, mostly me in my high waisted skirt and long sleeved top, which was pretty low cut. "Oh, I think they deserve our hospitality." Oh, great, I was going to kill my husband when we got out of this one.

The Doctor:

The plank, hadn't walked off of that one in a while, and I was watching Sera, held by the Captain, try not to panic, her eyes tightly closed as she pretended she wasn't here. Wasn't surrounded by more water.

And they were all laughing at me. Rude. "I suppose that laughing like that is in the job description. Can you do the laugh? Check. Grab yourself a parrot. Welcome aboard." I joked, though I really wanted to just go and help her.

"Stocks are low. Only one barrel of water remains. We don't need four more empty bellies to fill. Take the doxy below to the galley and the demon wench to my chambers. Set them to work. They won't need much feeding." Oh, that was not helping.

"Rory? A little help?" Amy asked, looking over at her husband who was being held by a sailor. He was probably going to end up going the same way as me if we didn't do something quickly.