Heartbreak

Amy:

My sister, was being ridiculous. As was her husband. Rory was unpacking while I was reading a history book aloud to him. "At the personal intervention of the King, the unnamed Doctor and his Temptress of a Wife, were incarcerated without trial in the Tower of London." Temptress? My sister had been a stick in the mud until she remembered who she was!

"Okay, but it doesn't have to be them." Rory told me, putting the bread in the bread bin and the milk in the fridge. Oh he was my good boy.

I kept reading, knowing that there had to be a way to prove it was the Time Travelling Couple. "According to contemporary accounts, two nights later, a magical sphere some twenty feet across, was seen floating away from the tower, bearing the mysterious Doctor and his Seraphina aloft."

And then Rory lent over me to look in the book himself. "Okay. It's him."

"There's more." I told him about them in World War 2, breaking into Hitler's office, and getting caught, and escaping through the sewers, though there were traces of a gold dust, considered to be stardust, left where locks had been burnt. "It's like they're being deliberately ridiculous, trying to attract our attention. Are you watching this again?"

What was my Rory's obsession with Laurel and Hardy? "Yeah. I've explained the jokes." I went to go answer the door and the post man handed me some letters. "So what are you saying? Do you really think they're back there, trying to wave to us, out of history books?"

"Hey, it's the sort of thing they'd do, you remember what Sera did for my birthdays growing up. Thanks." I closed the door and came back into the living room.

"Yeah, but why?"

"Well, she said they'd be in touch. They're married now too, and you know that they wanted some space." Yeah, they kept running off when we were doing things, and they thought we didn't know what they were doing.

"Two months ago."

"Two months is nothing. She's up to something. I know she is. I know her." Though... Recently, I didn't feel like I did any more. She seemed like there was something troubling her, and her nails... They seemed red all too often. Blood red, which meant she was filled with a dull rage. I opened an envelope with a number three on the back and stared at the piece of paper inside.

"What is it? Amy?" Rory asked, getting to his feet and coming to look.

"A date, a time, a map reference. I think it's an invitation." I told him, smiling at it. My sister taught me to read those when I was 11.

"From who?"

"It's not signed. Look, TARDIS blue." Oh, my sister was very clever.

DW

I was on a proper American School bus! How awesome was that?! We got off at the right place and shouldered our bags again. "Thanks!" I grinned at the driver as Rory smiled.

"You're very welcome." They drove off and we looked out at the horizon.

"This is it, yeah? The right place?" I checked the card again.

"Nowhere, middle of? Yeah, this it." Rory agreed, and then a very, very dear voice made us jump.

"Howdy." We turned to see both the Doctor and Seraphina lying on the hood of a big American muscle car, cuddled up to each other.

"Sera! Doctor!"

They jumped up and started hugging us. "Ha, ha! It's the Mini-Pond."

"Hey!" I laughed. Mini-Pond, yeah, I was younger, and now that Sera had regenerated, she was taller. But Rory was taller than the Doctor!