Wifi Soup

Lady Sarah:

"Ahem. I'm sorry to intrude, but the bells of Saint John are ringing." We were told, and I looked up from the leaf I was drawing, old and papery, but also full of love and life. I didn't know why I was drawing it, just that while the Doctor had painted Clara, his lost wife and I, I had sketched it charcoal, so many things that were meaningless.

"We're going to need a horse." The Doctor told him, while I looked at the newly finished painting of Clara. She was beautiful.

The Abbott and the Monk looked at the paintings, and then at me again. "Is that them?"

"The woman twice dead, he Woman Lost and the Woman Unknown, and her final message. He was drawn to this place of peace and solitude that he might divine her meaning. If he truly is mad, then this is his madness, along with courting a woman of ice." Oh, thanks. My body temperature was not designed for cold climates, that was all.

They lead us to the cavern, me sitting side saddle on the horse as the Doctor held me, the sound of a phone ringing echoed out through the woods. We went through it and found the TARDIS. "That is not supposed to happen. Sarah, you have better phone etiquette, answer it for me." 

Oh, that was nice, I was your girlfriend, not your servant. But I pulled open the little door in the big door and answered it. "Hello?"

"Ah, hello. I can't find the internet." And how did I know what the internet was? He found me in the Victorian era yet I knew about something that didn't happen until the 20th century.

"Sorry?"

"It's gone, the internet." The girl sighed, sounding incredibly tired and frustrated with this. "Can't find it anywhere. Where is it?"

This was rather strange. "The internet?" I repeated, wanting to make sure I heard it right.

"Yes, the internet. Why don't I have the internet?"

The Doctor had been staring at me in shock for a moment, before motioning for me to put the phone between us so he could listen to what she was saying. "It's twelve oh seven."

"I've got half past three. Am I phoning a different time zone?"

There was something almost comical about that. "Yeah, you really sort of are."

"Will it show up on the bill?" She asked, suddenly a little concerned.

My Doctor nodded, a small smile on his face, making me peck his lips affectionately. "Oh, I dread to think. Listen, where did you get this number?"

"The woman in the shop wrote it down." The girl told us, sounding a little frustrated by now. "It's a help line, isn't it? She said it's the best help line out there. In the universe, she said." That was probably true.

"What woman? Who was she?"

This was a little over her head apparently. "I don't know. The woman in the shop. So, why isn't there internet? Shouldn't it sort of be there?"

"Look, listen, I'm not actually, it isn't." I gave up, saying what my strange mind was telling me she should do. "You have clicked on the wifi button, yeah?"

"Hang on. Wifi." Oh, come on!

"Click on the wifi, you'll see a list of names. You see one you recognise."

"It's asking me for a password." Then there was a pause.

The Monk was still waiting patiently. "Is it an evil spirit?"

I shook my head. "A woman." He crossed himself, making me glare. "I'm a woman!"

"Hang on a mo." The girl said after a moment, then started muttering to herself. "Run you clever couple and remember one two three."