chapter 8

Gabriele's pov

My hands took apart my gun and placed the pieces on my desk for what seems to be the hundredth time.

Her family was apart of a mafia. Jezebel was apart of a mafia. It makes sense on why we couldn't find any information on her, she was basically nonexistent.

It should worry me that she could be a spy, that she could be plotting my death. But when I imagine her brown eyes, the way she looked up at me through her eyelashes, her long tan legs, and her perfectly plump lips that begged me to kiss them, the fact that she could be the enemy seemed to fade into the background.

I had left after breakfast, having to check in on my mafia to make sure things were running smoothly, and to attend a few meetings. There were other mafias that were causing problems for us, specifically the American mafia.

The thought of the American mafia causes me to slam my hand on my desk, anger coursing through me. There was peace, it was all a pretense that Marco made, the man that was temporarily in charge of the mafia when my parents died. He made deals to make peace with the Americans, so that they wouldn't kill off the last of the D'Angelo bloodline.

A.k.a, me.

I have kept the peace for so long just to avoid more death, but they were giving us the perfect opportunity for me to finally get my revenge.

The picture of my family catches my eyes, and I hold it in my hands and stare at the picture. Not only did both of my parents pay the price for my father's ignorance, but so did my sister. Andrea, she was older than me, but that never stopped me from wanting to protect her. She was happy after she disconnected herself from the mafia, she got married and was pregnant.

Andrea was the first to die.

Mia madre was an angel in entirety, she was the most caring and beautiful human I had ever known. My mother, Elena, had fallen in love with my father before she had known about the mafia, but after she was introduced to it, she became the queen. She was powerful, she made the hard decisions with my father, and they never were separate.

My mood dampens at my father, Luca D'Angelo. My unfortunate sperm donor. While I admire my parents love for each other, fatherly love was not something I could ever count on. He was rash and impatient, which was why he fucked up. His actions were the cause of everyone's death.

I trace my finger over their faces, "Mi manchi famiglia." (I miss you family)

I shake my head to clear it before summoning Rendall.

"What's up capo?" He walks in the door, hands tucked in his pockets.

I slide him the picture of Jezebel that he found, "I need more information on her, she's apart of a mafia and I don't know which one. Don't come back until you know everything."

Rendall grabs the picture before exiting the room.

I rub my face tiredly, "What the hell am I going to do with you angel?"

~~~~~~~~~

Jezebel's pov

The heavy sound of my combat boots escaped throughout the white pristine hall. It was a bright room, almost everything white with the occasional gold accents. The windows were open, letting the cool breeze flow through the room, making my hair flutter slightly around me. It was a stark contrast, me in my black uniform moving through the white hallways.

My face was stoic, it always had to be when I was here, there's no worse place to slip up. My mind was stuck on Gabriele, how he had said nothing about me working for the mafia. He had left almost right after, saying he was being called in for meetings.