chapter 25

Jezebel's pov:

The mansion has never looked bigger than it did now. I was so nervous to see Gabriele after how awkward our last conversation was.

When you decided to fuck him over?

My brain was working against me half the time, and I was torn between listening to Gabriele and staying out of it and dealing with this myself.

My footsteps echoed throughout the long hallway as I made my way to Vain's office. I could at least see how the bug was coming along since I was technically "not apart of the mission" anymore.

"Blood vessel? Where are you?" I call out, waiting for any sound to help me located him.

"What did I say about calling me that?" His voice rings out from the door on the left.

I smile sweetly as I open the door, "I love making you mad. Now, how's my bug going?"

Vain hesitates and stares back at me.

"Are you deaf now?" I half heartedly joke to lighten the mood.

"I've been instructed to not give you the bug." He states, sympathy in his eyes.

Gabriele.

I bite the inside of my cheek hard, tasting the bitter metallic as it floods my mouth.

However, Vain turns and places a glass box gently on the desk, removing the top to reveal the bug.

I move forward quickly, squatting to investigate the bug more clearly.

"I can't give it to you Bel." Vain says again making me furrow my eyebrows.

I rise, "You've said that already."

Vain sighs, "You're not listening to me, I can't give it to you. Do you understand?"

It clicks and I nod my head in understanding before sliding my knife out of its designated spot in my thigh strap.

"Woah, Bel, you don't need to hurt me-"

He's cut off when I dig the tip of my knife into my forearm, making an incision only an inch long.

I hissed out at the pain, "Damn I really didn't think that through."

Vain scrambles to grab a towel and screams at me, "What the hell are you doing dude?"

Instead of responding, I pick up a pair of tweezers and grasp the bug. My breaths come out evenly to try and keep myself calm as my blood kept flowing out. Moving the tweezers, I shoved the bug into the incision as gently as I could, but I let out a scream at the intrusion.

Yanking the tweezers out I throw the towel over it and clamp my hand around it.

"Go get the fucking doctor." I grit out at Vain who is immediately out the door.

I get light headed from the blood loss, but I don't let up on the pressure on my arm.

I'm not going to die from this shit.

The doctor rushes into the room and squats down next to me, "Vain told me you cut yourself? Do you have a history of wanting to harm yourself?"

He moves the towel away and keeps looking at me for a response.

"No, doctor, I'm not suicidal. I need you to stitch this up before I bleed out." I spit at him, my annoyance growing the more my blood dripped to the floor.

The doctor rolls his eyes before getting to work, and I think he's trying to make this more painful for me because I was slapping the table everytime he pulled a suture tight.