chapter 18

Jezebel's pov

Gabriele wanted us to have a normal day today, let us be a normal couple for a day.

Are we even a couple? Should I know that?

We woke up late, or rather I woke up late and Gabriele was staring at me as I slept like a psychopath.

Gabriele made us a big breakfast; waffles, pancakes, eggs, toast, bacon, sauasage, fruit platter, almost everything you could think of.

My way of giving back to him was making mimosas for us, which consisted of a third of the glass being orange juice and the rest being champagne.

Since drinking tequila at breakfast is apparently frowned upon.

Now we were back in bed, all wrapped up in Gabriele's big black comforter. It was freezing in his room, and I think it was intentional because I was all over him to stay warm.

Gabriele was clicking through shows on Netflix, he was very distraught about picking a show for the both of us. I rest my chin on his chest and stare at him in all his beauty. His hair had grown out since we've met, the brownish black messy look now curled and came down to the end of his neck. My thumb moved to brush over his jawline, the prominent lines hard under my finger. Gabriele subconsciously tilted his head and kissed my hand, leaving me to stare at him with a big smile on my face.

"Angel, I can't pick, please choose." Gabriele complains, finally looking down and grins back when he notices me smiling.

"You choose, I told you that you had to decide," I say quietly, still distracted by his affection.

"Why are you acting like that?" He points out, narrowing his eyes playfully at me.

My mouth drops open in fake shock and I protest, "I'm not doing anything."

"You're all smiley and distracted," Gabriele stops and smirks at me, "You want to sit on my face?"

I smack his chest, "No-well yes, but no, I was just admiring."

Gabriele's smirk deepens, "Liking the view, huh?"

Letting out an annoyed sigh, I turn so my back is pressed against his chest and my head is in the crook of his neck. Gabriele picks the remote back up and starts shuffling through shows again.

"Gabriele?" I say uncertainly before pressing my lips to the underside of his jaw faintly.

"Hmm?" Gabriele hums in response.

I squeeze my eyes shut in embarrassment, "What are we?"

His movements slow down until he drops the remote and I feel him shift under me, sliding me to his side so he can look down at me.

"Are you asking me if we're in a relationship?"

I feel stupid so I shake my head and bury my face in his neck to hide.

Gabriele pries me off of him again, "We've known each other for around 8 months now, yes?"

I think about when we met and it genuinely surprises me that was eight months ago.

"If you're talking about the night of Shaggy's death, then yes." I nod my head and shrug when Gabriele sends me a questioning look. I didn't know the guy's real name, so it stayed as Shaggy in my head.

"We have been together romantically, well as romantic as you can be, for five-six of those months?"

My teeth catch my bottom lip in between them as my nervousness grows, I didn't want to be disappointed by his answer.