Season 2 - Part 14

Gulf woke up with a white ceiling for his first view and some tube and wires attached to his body. He has been out for 2 days and his fever is very high making his friends to panic so they brought him to the hospital.

"M-Mew?" Gulf utters, he blinked so many times and realizing that it was Prem who is sitting there. "Why hospital?" He asked when his friend perked up to look at him.

"How are you?" Prem asked. The doctor already relayed the information to them and Gulf seems to be just resting and gaining his energy by just sleeping.

"I'm okay." Gulf said, his tone is very disappointed and Prem can probably guess why. 

"He never visited you, he didn't know and wouldn't care anyway." Prem said, hinting his friend about Mew but Gulf just smiled bitterly as he let his tears to flow one more time.

"I don't understand, he treats me well, he cares for me yet he shows otherwise. I don't understand him. I want to forget him but a part of me wants to wait for him." Gulf expressed and all Prem can do is to hug his friend.

"There are things that is out of our control and sometimes, we read signs differently." Prem said, he knows for sure there are things that hasn't came to light but the fact that Gulf suffered is hurting is one of the things that are unforgivable no matter how much a person asks for forgiveness.

"I know." Gulf sniffs, he knew that himself that it's already impossible for him and Mew to be together again however, if that would be the case, Mew should just treat him as a stranger and not like as if he cares. "How's the company?" Gulf asked, he has to work still after all those things.

"Excuse me?" The door opened after three knocks and there shows Bright who holds a bouquet of flowers and a basket full of fruits.

"You're not welcome here" Gulf said, toughing up his expression yet upon the first look, you can already tell that he just cried.

"I know. I just came here to drop by and give this to you." Bright gave him the bouquet which consists of 9 roses with sunflowers surrounding it while for the fruits he let Prem to handle them. "I'm sorry, is this because of me?" Bright apologized, feeling guilty yet he doesn't know why Gulf felt sick when he clearly dropped him off at Mew's mansion.

"Well, you're the reason!" Prem intervened. "Why did you drop him off at Mew's?! You could've brought him to your house or ours!" Prem said blaming Bright.

"I have my reasons..." Bright paused a bit then his eyes widened, "hey! Did Mew kicked you out? That stupid man gonna get it from me!"

"He... didn't... it's a long story but you're at fault because you dropped me off at Mew's." Gulf said, don't want to elaborate the situation more.

"Alright, I'm sorry. It's my fault, I admit. Anyways, I just wanna check on you and to deliver that." Pointing out the flowers then Bright messed Gulf's hair and bid farewell - leaving the two a bit confused.

"Flowers? He likes you?" Prem asked. "Unwavering faith, unconditional and everlasting love. How romantic." Prem said, hands both on his cheeks blushing like a teenager.

"Stop it. It doesn't suit you." Gulf laughed. "Oh! What day is it today? I have a class!" He suddenly exclaimed. "Call the doctor, quick. I wanna leave the hospital right away." Gulf said and Prem can't do anything but to follow Gulf's order otherwise he will remove the IV drop off of his hand by himself.

He is late for his class. It's a crucial subject for his students so he has to arrive even if its late. He is wearing a white shirt, he rolled the sleeves to his elbow since his hand still aches a bit and there's surgical tape with cotton on it to prevent the bleeding, he pairs it with a black pants and black shoes - looking like an expensive person yet his face looks really droopy since he cried.

He walks fast and ignoring the students greeting him. He is quite famous in the university as the handsome and very successful professor.

Gulf halts when he heard someone is talking in the room. He knew it's not just his students since they're chaotic if they're just by themselves, so someone must've taken over his class and Gulf doesn't know who since all the professors that can cover for him is busy. Glancing through the window, Gulf didn't want to disturb the class - his eyes widened at the man standing in front of his students. Mew Suppasit is teaching his students and everyone seems to really taken to him as he discuss the topic.

Why is he here? Gulf questioned himself. A question that he can't even answer unless he asks the person involve.

"Mr. Kanawut? Why are you here?" One of his co workers tap his shoulder. "Shouldn't you be in the hospital?" He asked.

"Why is Mr. Suppasit taking over my class?"  Gulf asked, ignoring the question thrown at him first.

"He volunteered. He also applied for a week leave for you. Yeah, are you related to him?" Curiosity kicks in but Gulf didn't answer the question again.

"I see, thanks. I'm leaving then and please don't tell him I was here" Gulf lowered his head a bit and starts walking out - to the parking lot.

As he walks, he passes by at Mew's car and he can't even make a mistake since he can recognize the plate number. He pull a sticky note from his pocket, wrote something and paste it on the windshield of Mew's car. He wants to wait and see Mew's reaction but his body is feeling weak that he has to go home or else he won't even make it alive since he drove there by himself.

Days passed and no contact from Mew. Gulf took advantage of his leave from the university and pour his attention at the company.

"The flowers arrive again today." Fluke said, placing the bouquet on the table. After that day at the hospital, Gulf receives the same bouquet of flowers that Bright gave him and all of them were delivered to his office and is addressed to him. No sender's information though and when Gulf called Bright, the latter didn't pick up the phone. "It came with food. Eat while it's hot." Fluke placed the bowl of noodles on the table. Gulf knew its noodles since it's from the restaurant that he likes and the smell is the same as his favorite noodles.

"Oh, there's a note today as well." Gulf said, pulling out a small paper from the bouquet. "It's the same line - 'Take care of yourself'"

"I wanna meet that person." Fluke commented.

Gulf nodded his head, "Me too. But maybe it's Bright? He brought me same bouquet."

"But he is ignoring you right? If he really did, he should've replied or called you back but he didn't. If it's him, he would've taken advantage of it already... well who knows." Fluke said waving his hand, giving up at the idea. "Anyway I have to go."

Gulf just stared at the tracks of his friend and shake his head. Is it you Mew? Why? Gulf questioned himself then again he contradicted himself since he knew Mew will never gonna do that.

~~~~~~~~~

Long time no update. Sorry. 😅