Season 2 - Part 25.

A/N: I wanna say thank you for reaching this far. I appreciate any form of support you've given to me and to this story.

And.. don't hate me so bad after this 🤣😭

~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days have passed and everyone is so quiet. They're looping Gulf in on the progress but not the entirety and Gulf just accepted the fact that there are things they're not letting him on and it was for his own sake. The less people who knew, the safer it would be.

"Mew's coming back and the cleanup is almost done." Atty Prachaya but his eyes don't look so happy. Gulf's been obedient and never step a foot outside, he is never in contact with his other friends too aside from Prem who basically is always with the other attorneys.

"When? and what do you mean cleanup?" Gulf asked. He already got the idea what it might be but he wanted to know the exact details.

One of the lawyer showed his laptop to Gulf containing about news of extremely powerful people being arrested and some groups being wiped out clean. A bloody and messy clearing but it was the call for desperation.

Gulf swallowed hard; the further he scans the brutal the images were and he almost threw up at the sight of them. He pushed the laptop away, signaling that he is done checking the contents.

"When is he coming back? Is he injured?" Gulf asked. His rationality is instructing him to run out of that room - out of that place because the people inside were murderers and ruthless and so is Mew. 

"He is not injured and I know what you're thinking of. Mew didn't kill them, he didn't raise a hand on them nor have his people to do them. He instigated it, yes but Mew is clean. We were working behind the scenes to make sure the police find the right path and give them light but that's all there is. If negotiations aren't working then do plan B." Atty Prachaya said, "The reason why we didn't loop you in since one of the biggest fish we had to catch is you father and mother. It was for the best and I'm sorry."  He goes on and on with the explanation but Gulf just nodded in response not really getting anything said to him.

Gulf wants to say he could've cared less but it was his parents they're talking about who knows he might really mess the plan up if he chose not to include his parents. Everything might just be for nothing.

"But who tried shooting me? I mean... who shot Luke?" Gulf asked again, feeling guilty towards Luke.

"A man hired by your family." The indifferent expression on the lawyer's face hints that he is stating the fact.

"No... That can't be. My mom would oppose that and my father may be cruel but he isn't the kind of man who will go lengths to kill his own son." Gulf said, shaking his head refusing to accept the result of the investigation.

"But he did."

"There must be some mistake to it. My father can't and won't do that." Gulf denies and it was just like how exactly they imagine how Gulf would react.

"Gulf... Everyone thinks Mew is dead and the sole heir to everything is you." Atty Prachaya said, he took a deep breath and looked at Gulf with pity on his eyes, "Try to think of it, if you, the sole heir will die who will benefit? You don't have a child so there's only one answer right?"

"No... My family can't do that." Gulf shakes his head in disbelief, tears were forming but he's trying to push them back.

"They've thrown you out, sold you, try to sabotage you and you still think they can't kill you? After all they only see you as someone who is beneficial to them once gone. Money is everything for them Gulf, accept it." Atty Prachaya gives Gulf a pat on his shoulder. "We will be leaving in a few. It's already safe to go outside and after all, it's almost over. We won't be waiting for Mew anymore, you can make a decision for yourself." He then gather his things and left.