Season 2 - Part 23.

There's really no secret that can be hidden for the longest time. Everything you kept hidden will someday slowly surface whether you like it or not. It is like a foul smell; You cannot hide it no matter how much perfume you add to it. 

 Everyone seems to be talking something that Gulf can't relate unto; the discussion is so blur to him and he is not having any of their shits. 

"What the fvck are you guys talking about? You don't seem to have a sense of urgency, My husband's been missing for 2 days now and we aren't taking action yet. What the heck are we even here for? We should be out and searching for him instead!" Gulf finally snapped and decided to face them all; both of his hand are on his waist, he is so angry with them. He's just watching them but they don't really have something big going on to search for Mew. 

"Your husband, on paper" Bright said. Gulf forgot that Bright's there and the jolly man who always jokes around him now seems so cold and his gaze are piercing through him. He wanted to rebuked on what Bright just said yet instead, he just sighed and ignore the latter cause if he has to talk back to Bright, they'd only get into argument. 

"No, Mr. Kanawut, it's not like that. We already have intel's searching for your Mr. Suppasit and they gave us updates from time to time, there's just no major update about Mew." Atty. Prachaya has to be the middle man between Gulf and Bright otherwise they'll really get into long discussion and argument. 

Gulf gritted his teeth, annoyed with the answer he is getting from them. "Okay, now I want you to tell me what are the things you're still hiding from me. I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING" 

The went dead silent again and they're back on their silent conversations using their eyes. 

"WHAT?!" Gulf impatiently asked them. 

"Mr. Vachirawit?" Atty. Plowden passed the responsibility of answering Gulf to Bright. 

Gulf turned his head to Bright who seems to be really hesitating, "Mew is..." He paused. 

"Mew is what?" Gulf impatiently asked him again but then he got a smirk from Bright instead. 

"Don't act like you're concern now. Don't worry, if Mew dies, all of his money, properties and assets... You'll receive them all without a cent left." 

A loud slap rings inside the room. Gulf failed to stop himself and went a leap to slap Bright for insulting him. 

"Does truth hurts? Does it Gulf?" Bright's rude tone is really hitting Gulf's nerves. 

"You don't know everything, you didn't know what exactly happened-" 

"Do you?" Bright cuts him off; Atty. Prachaya has been eyeing Bright to halt or things will really go out of control but the latter pay no heed. "What else do you know? Him breaking up with you and he got a family? a kid?" Bright snickered, "What a funny story." 

 The head lawyer has to be the middle man and drag Bright away. Gulf on the other hand left confused cause what Bright said is the same story he believed for quite a long time.  

"Tell me the rest." Gulf turn his head to Atty. Plowden who has been silent all the time and the one appointed Bright to talk instead. 

The lawyer released a heavy sigh, "I can't tell you the details but I can say that things don't seem that they are. The stories you knew and you've heard - I suggest you do some dig dipping to it." 

His words just confused Gulf even more. "What? what about about his disappearance? What else is there for me to know?" 

Atty. Plowden smiled bitterly, "That he might not come back...alive that is" it made Gulf to froze, he can't believe what he is hearing; He wanted to take the lawyer's words as a joke but his face looks serious and sullen. One thing Gulf realized after hearing those words, that he won't be able to see Mew's face again. "Don't worry, we're doing everything we can to have him back" The lawyer patted Gulf's shoulder since the latter's face looks pale and one of them handed him a water so he could calm himself down. 

Bright's back in the room with Atty. Prachaya and Prem; Bright's face is much more calmer than before he got dragged outside. 

"I'm sorry." Bright apologized like he received a mouthful of lectures from his mother for him to apologize that sincere. 

"It's okay." Gulf nodded and the discussions continue about having a lead where Mew could be and what state he is in, who will manage his company for the mean time, what to say to the press, and other legal things. 

Gulf's feelings are still torn and still getting that a side of the story is missing, he can't connect the dots and properly relate the stories yet none of them is willing to talk about it. He can't even force them like how he did earlier - it would be immature for him to do so.

The head lawyer received a text message and upon reading them, you can really tell that it's a good news since his sour and serious face were replaced by the relieved and calm emotion.

"Gulf, by any means for until Mew is found and taken home, you're not allowed to step outside - not even a step." Atty. Prachaya said as he lower his phone down, "Mew is now safe but can't go back yet since he needs to settle it and fix everything before he come back." 

"W-why? What? I'm not understanding a  thing" Gulf asked when the rest just nodded simultaneously. 

"Did you ask Mew how he lived before he met you?" Bright asked, he took the task of the obnoxious friend since aside from him, none of them can really talk informally to him. Gulf shakes his head in response, "Figures." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I have to cut this part short hehe