C5. Take Me Home

Celeste POV

I stare at the resignation letter and the transfer request side by side on my computer. I'm not the type of person to like awkward situations in the work place. I'd run before it even gets that far, but that night with Diamond really made things uncomfortable for me at work. As a board member it's hard for me to not be able to talk to the CEO when he avoids me or acts like he has something better to do when it comes to our work. I'm far from unprofessional and I'll be damned if someone's actions makes me feel as if I can not do my best.

It'll be hard to get my ranking anywhere else, especially in this day and age, if anything it's even harder, I honestly had to burn myself out to get recognized as the last marketing officer was retiring and basically demanded for me to take her place, time and lack of experience there be damned. I sip my wine closing my laptop pushing myself into the couch when my phone rings. I check it out and see it's Liliana. I grin and pick up.

"Yo, what's good Lili?" She scoffs and I pour more wine into my glass.

"I know you've met Tommy by now, but he got this drug from Claudia—"Hold up hold up, Claudia? As in Claudia Flynn? How in the hell does a white boy from New York get onto so many people's radar? Especially enough to make them do stuff for him?

" The Flynn bitch? "

" Yeah her. He says the shit is hella smooth, Sorta like shrooms and coke. Has no aftertaste, nothing." Hmm, how did Claudia get ahold of something like this? I know her ugly ass daddy ain't fucking with something other than pills. And I know he ain't letting her do any kind of leg work.

" That's strange. But did he smoke it? Sniff it?"

" See fucking kissed him so whatever it is, it has to be strong enough to pass from mouth to mouth. Most shit dissolves when it comes in contact with the tongue, but knowing that bitch she probably has some special compartment in that slick ass mouth of hers. "She chuckles and I ask if she has any to run some tests on.

" Nah, he came with a small amount. But I burnt through it trying to figure out the  science of it. Which is where imma need you to come in at. "I sigh and think about my options.

" Ion know about that Lili, you know after that one incident I stopped being sid the science kid with people's shit. But if it's a fucking Flynn I'm sure it's original form comes in a tablet or capsule. So check the fundamentals dealing with that. See if it can be compressed or if it can be dissolved in water. Most pills can and the harder stuff sinks and that's what the stomach acid takes apart and usually hits the blood stream. "

" I fucking love that big brain of yours. God. "I chuckle and tell her goodbye before hanging up. Just as I toss my phone onto the couch my door is opened and I see a annoyed Diamond. I sit back and sip my wine now upset with him all over again.

" Whatever that cop got against me is about some shit that happened in '06 with that bad batch." I just watch him from my position on the couch my eyes moving as he paces and my glass at my lips. The urge to bite it getting stronger as I tap my teeth against the rim so I pull it away from my mouth and push my braids from my eyes.

" We can always —"

"We not killing him Celeste." I shrug and drink more of my favorite juice, I don't need this asshole ruining my piece of slightly buzzed heaven right now.

"It's 9am right now and your drinking wine?" Why he saying it like I have a problem? This is my second bottle this month, the first one was more than half way empty because of Price emotional drinking ass. And this is my second glass of this bottle.