C.18 Devil In The Details

Celeste POV

I walk into the restaurant and I see Miguel standing in the waiting area and once he sees me he smiles and we greet each other with kisses to the cheeks before we go to the hostess who gets Miguel's name and we walk to the booths area that's more isolated. As we sit down I look around enjoying the ambiance of the restaurant. We get waters and our waiter asks us what drinks we want and Miguel orders a bottle of Chardonnay and sends the man on his way and I look at Miguel.

"I don't think I told you how handsome you look." He chuckles and grabs my hand kissing it before telling me how beautiful he thinks I am and I smile.

"I'm sure you know why I brought you out tonight." I shake my head.

"No, but I'm cvery curious about why now"He looks into my eyes and I keep them before he smirks his thumb rubbing over my knuckles. I take in the smell of his cologne, it's warm and musky. It fits him well, it brings a warmth to my chest and I move my head back slightly playing it off with moving my hair over my shoulder. I look away for a minute and that's when he takes the time to speak. Was he trying to see how long I'd keep his eyes?

"Something is different with your crew. Besides the obvious reasons. That white boy, why you take him in?" I think over his question thinking about what he knows and how much I can leave out so Tommy doesn't become a target... Oh I think I can get this on my side.

"He came to see his grandmother... Found out he has people out here. Ran into Jenard who was obviously fucking up. Gave us back our shit. Been with us ever since." He nods and I watch him as he takes in the information. I noticed his nose turning up at my cursing. Ugh men like this piss me off him and David are so much alike.

"And during all that he managed to talk you into being his?" I smack my lips and remove my hand from his. "He didn't talk shit, that makes me sound gullible or naive. I chose to be with him. I ain't here to talk about relationship shit with you Miguel. You know why me and you will never be together." He stares at me but I stare straight back. I ain't playing with these men anymore. All they asses are dogs.

"You tryna make me fall deeper in love with you or something? Cause it's working." I fight to keep my lip from curling before I fake a laugh before sitting straight.

"Me and Mireya both made a pact, we don't do families. That's my girl so I'm keeping it respectful, respect that. For me and her." I see his eyes lose that sparkle and he nods, understanding covering his face.

"I respect that, Celeste. To the fullest extent. You're a very loyal woman and that's what makes you so beautiful... Let's talk business." I nod and soon they're coming back with our food and we talk business over dinner.

"Miguel, you know we got the Southside, the prison and part of Indiana on lock, we ain't been late on payment, at this point we need more. And I get it you got others you gotta feed but we make a good part of yo income and you gotta know that." He looks at his food or at least what's left.

" I'm gonna be transparent, Celeste. Che still isn't comply cool with Chicago after we got hit. We gotta make up for it still in product. We don't got it." I nod understanding.

" That's tucked with me. Ain't nobody gonna know, but I am gonna tell Tommy to get Che on his side, get him distracted. Can I be honest? "He nods looking straight at me.

"Tommy is fucking up the natural order of things... He's screwing lines and redrawing em. He's fucking us Miguel. He has a one track mind and it's just fucking with me he's gonna fuck us all up, he gonna have the feds on us. You know we ain't never have this much shit going on. He's bad luck." He watches me looking over me before he grabs his phone checking the time.