C9. Killing Me Softly

Celestial POV

I pull up to my house seeing a familiar face sitting on the steps, I sigh and get out locking my car, once I make it to the top of my steps I take my heels off as he stands up.

"What do you want Thomas?" He looks around and I roll my eyes.

"Look I don't ha—"I'm cut off as he steps up to me“Look can we talk? I swear no bullshit.” I look around before sighing and nodding.

“Gimme a second. Let me change my shoes.” I unlock the door not really caring about his answer as I jog up the stairs to my house, I grab my gym shoes and slip them on going back downstairs. I don't know why I'm even giving him a chance to explain any of this shit, maybe it's the same reason I didn't kill him when he pointed that gun at me. Let's hope he actually apologizes during this sob story he's sure to give, because all men are the same and day by day they prove me right well all the men I pick seem to be the same.

Lilliana tells me that you're good with Dahlia, got everything down packed now.”I nod looking around at the few people making their way from the few still open bars around.

“Everyone can't be good at everything, but I'm good at that. Is this what you wanted to talk about? You could have texted this. "He scratches the back of his head but I keep my eyes to the stores around us and the few puppies getting a late night stroll in.

" No, it's not I just wanted to apologize for the other day... I just never had nothing that was all mines. When I was a corner boy, I was always hustling for somebody else. People were always sleeping on me like I was just coming up off that bench but I never wanted nothing else but this. Everyone me and Ghost came up with they started to want different things. They wanted to become different people but... Not me. Not once.” I nod before looking at him seeing him sorta blanking out before I sigh.

"I can respect that, and as of now you're running your own show, Tommy. You're no longer a corner boy, a sidekick or runner you're the boss. You don't have Ghost over your shoulder and you're doing good. Don't ruin it." We stop and he turns to me.

“But?” I shrug and look around us.“But If you keep pushing too hard and pissing off people in your corner you'll be back at the beginning with nothing to your name, and I'm not too sure about New York but, Chicago ain't too forgiving and open to second chances, so when you got the chance you do it right the first time. You got the knowledge and experience for this shit get out your fucking head and do this shit. You can't build a mansion in a day nor a month, let the cement settle first. Then we can talk about what color your painting the walls. "He grins while nodding but it's cut off with a sigh escaping as he looks around again, I lean back on the glass of the closed ice cream shop and see him take a step back then put his left foot out what is he hyping himself up for?

“I owe you an apology for the other day... It was fucked up especially how I came at you and why. I'm just really not used to people not fucking me over in some way. So yeah. "I raise my eyebrow before standing up.

" Saying I owe you an apology is not an apology, Thomas it just let's the other person know you obviously know you did wrong but don't want to say it. "He groans and I shrug before turning around heading to my house but I feel him grab my wrist, I stop and he comes around and I look at him.

" I ain't too good at this so don't get mad if I say something stupid along the way. Deal? "My expectations for you are quite low at this point so that's not too far out from what I expect.