C8. Outrunning A Ghost

Celeste pov

I sit with the doctor as she shows me how to create Dahlia, I watch as the reaction fizzles until it settles, I grab the black light and shine it against the glass to see it shine that pale yellow, she whispers yes in celebration and I grin. still got it, sis.

"It took me a while to get the timing right, you must be really good at getting measurements right." I shrug and sigh.

"Wouldn't call it lucky. Just good at attention to detail. So now what? It's good to go?" She nods and I nod as I push the beaker away to the center of the table.

"So does this mean I disappear now that you know how to make Dahlia? You'll teach Liliana and this becomes your operation?" I frown and shake my head turning to her, seeing the fear in her eyes even if she's steeling herself.

"No, I'm here to help you not take over. I'm no thief this is your creation and I'm not gonna make it unless you're here to make it with me. But imma tell you this and I'm sure you know this already... Make yourself indispensable especially in this world, things spoil and rot quickly down here. " She nods before turning grabbing at the table.

"So are you in the same boat as me?" I shake my head hopping onto the counter.

"No, I'm just a associate who's helping because I have the proper background."She nods and she looks around the lab grabbing more of the materials we need.

"How long have you known these people?"

"Not long, but long enough." I get down and grab another beaker as we start to measure out our batches, I watch myself to not mess up this bigger batch.

As the night wears on we make twice the amount we need at the moment and I send her home heading to mine. As I drive I think about if I should tell Diamond about this shit, it's not like he's gonna trust it right off the gate, because new drugs that come busting in don't last long and he's all for stability, maybe after a minute and it's still thriving I'll let him know about it. Maybe I'm still on the fence with him.

But in the mean time I have to make sure Tommy doesn't off the doc because I'll be damned if he thinks imma do this full time.
_________

Walking into the shop I smile seeing Blaxton. They turn at my entrance, Blaxton smiles getting up handing the joint to Jenard meeting me in a hug.

"This Celestial being has blessed us with her presence finally!"

"It's good to see you again! Let you tell it you wasn't coming back to the Chi." I giggle pulling away flicking a braid on his head.

" How you been? You looking good." He rubs his chin chuckling as we sit down he turns more towards me as he speaks.

"To be honest with you C, I wasn't, the Crescent City wasn't treating me too bad. But you know when Chicago calls you answer." I nod understanding. He offers me the joint but I shake my head and he nods.

"You know whatever yall need from me, you got it. I'm good with picking up where we left off." I nod chuckling, he grins and I look away from him to see Diamond looking between us but D-Mac and that lil hot head that tails him comes in.

"Hey, yo. Big bros, big sis. Check it out. So me and Marshall been working on some shit. A business opportunity we think yall gonna fuck with." His name is Marshall, he's a lunatic.