C. 15 Bridges Are Drawn

Celeste POV

I sit at my desk as I work. Tommy talked me into trying to be 'normal' again whatever the hell that means. He and Diamond have been keeping me out of the loop as well and it's making me suspicious. As I look at my spread sheets and other important bullshit I sigh rubbing my eyes.

I should want this life, not the one where drugs and guns are always being discussed. I worked hard to get where I am right now and I can't get hood men out of my fucking bed. I sit back and just as I do, I hear my assistant tell me on the intercom that Victor Flynn is here to see me. I sigh and tell her to let him in. Once he makes his way through the door he turns and locks it and I raise an eyebrow.

"Never expected you to have your own office,"I roll my eyes and I look at him.

"What you want Vic? I'm busy."He sits down in the chair in front of me and I look at him, using him as a new focus point as I try to distract myself.

"Tommy came to speak to me at Gloria's grave," I nod, trying to not really think about why he was at her grave. I miss my best friend more than anything, her not being here just doesn't feel right. "Told me that I could back into the fold working with CBI or start my own shit."

I look at him. "Well, what do you want to do? I mean hell it's not like you really have a lot of options."He nods before looking at me.

"What do you think I should do? This shit isn't what I wanted, Celeste I wanted to just handle the shit that needed to be handled not... All of this." I nod understanding. He was prepared to handle a calm situation, not this bullshit Tommy and Jenard created because that's exactly what they did, they created this mess.

"Well, you do know the only way to get what you want right?" He nods and I see his face flush at the idea.

"That's where I was hoping you'd be able to help me with... I know that you're loyal and you know your way around the business and at this point... I don't know who I can trust at this point."I tilt my head as I look at him now more focused on his words rather than his face.

"You want me to help you, with the Flynn Business? Vic be for real." He leans on the desk and I see the desperation in his eyes.

"You and I both know that you have the brains to do this, the legal side and the illegal side, Tommy and Diamond keep you on the bench, with me you'd be have hands in everything."I look at him and I weigh my options, which one would probably give me that rush that I obviously stupidly crave.

"Alright, do the necessary leg work and I'll let you know. Deal?" He jumps up and I reframe from rolling my eyes at his chipper puppy ass. "But, no stepping on CBI toes okay? Chicago is big enough for the three of yall." He nods and he tells me that he'll speak to me later before he touches the door I speak up.

"I don't do business with addictions of any sort, so either let me know now or don't contact me anymore. Understand?" He looks back at me and nods.

"I completely understand." I nod as he leaves out and I sigh looking at my work, finally having a little bit more energy to finally get more done.

Don't worry about hood shit because you're not there right now.

__________

I sit and listen as Tommy talks about the fact that he dropped Chewy and how Diamond isn't understanding what the big picture is. Once we make it to Miguel's spot, he tells me to stay in the car as he grabs the duffle bag and heads out. I close my eyes as I rest. Not even four minutes later I hear gunshots and I duck down grabbing my gun as I look around. Once the shooting stops I get out of the car and I run towards the spot seeing Miguel holding the bag and Tommy on the ground. I call out to them as I run the rest of the way. Miguel turns to look at me and stop in front of him.