C.14. The Ball Don't Stop

Celeste POV

I look at the burn on my stomach as I get ready for this meeting with the new cut of CBI. Tommy looks at me as he sits on the bed, last night I found him sitting up and drinking saying that Liliana was talking to him. It was hard to really fix this, we both want blood for her death, but he's hot-headed and my palms are itchy and it's never about money, but always trouble.

“It'll heal, it don't look like anything past second degree." I shrug.

“At this point? I don't even think I'd care. So much shit has happened in a blur at least I'd have something that'll remind me of it all." He stands up and walks behind me wrapping his arms around me his hands gently rubbing the burn.

"You ain't gotta worry about those Flynns no more, imma make sure of it. And that fuckers people who took you. Let it be in the past." I tilt my head as let him rest it in the crook of it.

"I ain't worried about it, I just want this shit to be worth it." He hums and I move to pull my shirt down. “I ain't too comfortable with this batch of men, they a little too bendy. This new generation soft as toilet tissue," He chuckles and I pull away from him as I bend down to grab my shoes.

“You know you ain't gotta come, right? You still need rest, your feet are still fucking swollen from trekking from God knows where because you haven't fucking told me yet?" I roll my eyes and I limp to the front room.

“My job decided to let me work from home until everything clears... I'm also looking for a apartment so I won't be in yo hair for long."I see him stop for a second and then turn his crazy ass around.

“Why you tryna run already? You only been here for what? Two days officially? I don't think I snore." I laugh and he smiles as he pulls me into him, I wrap my arms around him and he looks at me.

“I'm not letting you outta my sight. Got me? You stuck with me." I raise an eyebrow as I look at him trying to figure if he means that in a crazy way or a simple cute way. It's Tommy who knows how the hell he means it.

“Good because I'm not going anywhere. Now let's go, you're driving." He kisses me before grabbing the bag and we head out heading to the spot.

When we arrive the conversation starts with Diamond giving them all the run down. I see some looking over us with some looks I don't like. I cross my arms as I try to pay attention to his words.

"I appreciate you all coming out, I do. I know things have been crazy these last few weeks, but that ends tonight. Now most of yall heard about me and my brother—"I look at Chief as he speaks up about the situation.

“That motherfucker been in the streets making moves against his own blood."They make comments about him and Diamond cuts it off.

"He's dead to us. Me and Celeste have officially cut Jenard off. We don't fuck with him no more, and neither should you. We about to unite and make this money any CBI loyal to Jenard is an enemy. And this things about to change with our family street wise, financial-wise, everything." Some extra asks him what that means and I speak up.

“It means that territory is changing, so everything north of Marquette is our territory." Soon one of Jenards lil lackys, Chewy that I'm surprised didn't switch comes up asking about Chatham.

“We done with Chatham I know that was a heavy spot but we don't need it." I look to Dj who cuts him off and I nod but Chewy continues.

"So we jussg supposed to stay off our old blocks and stop fucking with Jenard? How we gone eat big sis? Big bro?" I roll my eyes and I speak in a softer tone hoping his dumb ass catches it.