C.19 Crown Vic

Celeste POV

I walk into David's apartment and I see him sitting looking pissed.

“What's wrong with you?" He looks at me and sighs rubbing his head. I walk over and I sit down.

"D-mac little ass shot Seamus. We was trying to get him to be our insider but it went slightly off and dmac shot him."I close my eyes as I shake my head. That fucking kid! Every day I see more and more how he's related to Tommy.

"Ain't nobody know he was coming to meet yall did they?" He shrugs. Damn it to hell.

"Let's hope not. I scared off his boss, so now let's worry about them finding his body." He nods and I sigh thinking over how we'll get out of this if he's ever recovered.

"He has a sister Celeste, how is she gonna live now that he's gone?" I look at him and I shrug.

"He should've thought about that when coming up to you how he did D, I know it's fucked up but it's how this stuff goes. He was a rotten man. He just used his sister as his reason." He sighs with a nod and I look at him. He looks down. I scoot closer and he looks at me and I grab his wrist.

" What's wrong Diamond? Seriously?" He looks at me for a while before leaning back and I look at him as he continues have that pensive look on his face.

"Yesterday, I was at Slick Eddie's... It got shot up... It was Jenard ole crew... Had to of flipped on the RD's on 71st and Tallman." I smack his arm and he frowns at me as I blink at him.

"And you just now telling me? What the fuck David! Are you hurt?" I start to look over him lifting his shirt but he grabs my hands and shakes his head.

"I'm fine, a woman got shot but that's all... But what's really got me messed up is everyone trying to get me to go see Sid."I frown in confusion.

" Sid as in your father? Why?" Sidney Sampson was a mean man. Never really liked his kids, damn sure didn't like Diamond. That's one of the main reasons why me and David are so close now, he was always kicked out of the house and he always came to his grandmother's. They'd fight and argue. His dad would disappear, come back drunk. A cycle. I kept out of Big Sid's way cause he hated me too, I think he hated everyone who wasn't him or maybe he just hated kids in relation to him.

"He's in hospice... Guess it's serious this time 'round. I don't care."I nod.

" I get it...but you deserve—"I move back as he shoots up going off about that entire situation. I sit back and I let him as he huffs and rages until he finally shuts up.

"All that yelling wasn't gone make me shut up and you know that. Look you know that I know more than anyone how your dad was. I'm not saying that you should go for his benefit but for your own. See why that fucker hated you so you can be at peace with his decisions. Don't grow old wondering, letting him haunt you. Even if he doesn't tell you, that's enough of an answer to know that he was just an evil man. I'm not saying give him peace in his last moments, I'm saying give yourself peace by seeing his final moments." He stares at me his eyes bouncing off my face before he nods.

"I'll think about it." I nod as I grab his hand pulling him back onto the couch. He sits down and sighs and I look at him.

"So, about CBI, any news?" He nods as he rubs his hands on his pants.

"We gonna try to build a coalition between CBI and King Kilo and a few others. Get this shit on lock."I nod slightly impressed.

"Oh yeah? How do you guys plan on doing that? Half of those bastards are slime balls. Especially King Kilo group." He nods before patting my thigh heavily.