C 10. He Ain't Heavy

Celeste POV

I pull up to the shop and I greet the last man in Diamonds chair and I hear someone come in behind me and I turn around seeing D-Mac standing there. He looks at me and makes his way to me and I raise an eyebrow at him greeting in a side hug.

“What's up D? You good? It's rare to not see yo homie walking up behind you.” He smacks his lips and I lean back on my right foot while he shakes his head making his locs fan out.

Fuck that bitch, he on my shit list. But aye can I talk to you right quick tho?” I nod and we walk down stairs to the basement where I'm supposed to be. We sit down and he sighs rubbing his hands through his hair.

“Promise you won't say shit to anyone. Like for real.” I nod and look around waiting for him to speak.

“So the reason me and Marshall ain't coo no mo' is cause that mother fucker didn't tell me he, B and Jenard ass went out, then we got into a fight he pulled his piece on me then said I was off of the Gary move. So fuck him and they ass.” I nod and frown at the other part of his statement.

“Wait you saying that Jenard moving forward with the Gary lick after Diamond denied it? He's gonna get fucked up, but um, you ain't wrong for how you felt about them going out without you especially if Marshall was yo boy. But you shouldn't have went throwing blows over that lil shit. When nobodies show you how they really feel keep yo distance. He a bitch for pulling a gun in a fist fight but you know some motherfuckers can't just take a ass whooping. So don't trip, we got you.” He nods and I see something is still bothering him.

“What else is on your mind D?” He shakes his head but I nod only for him to cut me off.

“Yo daddy in yo life? Or was in yo life?” I nod.

“I mean kinda, but I mean I still got fatherless daughter issues, why?” He shrugs and scratches his scalp and stuffs his hands into his jacket.

“This Jazz place me, Marshall and some homies used to hit turned out to be my dad's spot. That's another reason we fell out instead of shooting him I shot into the air making Marshall and em leave. He ain't even recognize me, what kind of shit is that?” I nod feeling my heart ache for him. He's not supposed to be in this shit and it's obvious.

“Why didn't you say something? Maybe it could've started some rebuilding.”

“I froze, and then... Yo promise me you ain't gone say shit to nobody especially Jenard ass.” I cross my heart and he sighs.

Jenard had me following that white boy, the first night I did I seen him and my dad in some house, and I returned the money back to Jenard to get away from dude. But he hung the deal we made about Gary over my head if I didn't continue to watch white boy... So I told him to watch his back and I now I'm here.” Jenard is fucking up. I sigh and nod.

“Don't trip okay? You did good telling me, Jenard nor Diamond will hear about this shit I promise you, so listen to me, continue to do what you doing stay out of they way because it's obvious they shit gone blow up in they face. Let it. Alright? If you do good we gone make sure you straight ain't nobody gone touch you.” He nods and I nod before watching him stand up and turn towards the stairs but turns back to me.

“Yo, you swear you ain't gone say shit to nobody?” I nod and move to the couch.

“You ain't gotta worry about anyone knowing anything. I promise, now go do whatever you going to do. I got some shit to do.” He nods and goes upstairs closing the door. I lean back pulling my gun from holster checking the chamber and take it off safety putting it under the couch cushion next to me. I lay back and sigh closing my eyes. Only for my phone to beep, I lift it up to my eyes and see it's Tommy.