8 - The great escape

Two houses after she fell asleep I hear something outside.
I first let it go, but I hear another sound and I carefully snuggle out of Betty's arms without waking her up. She needs sleep, I can see that by the dark circles under her eyes.
"Jones, are you here?" I hear a too familiar voice whisper yell. It was Toni.
Are they here? Thank god.
I stick my hand out toward a little hole in the door and hope the Ghoulies aren't near me other ways they will definitely cut my hand off.
"Jones!" I hear Sweet Pea and Fangs say as they run toward the door.
"Why the fuck did It take so long?" I asked mad. If they had gotten here yesterday, maybe Malachi wouldn't have hurt her, but on the other side then I wouldn't have gotten to know her.
"Sorry, boss" Fangs said.
"Just please tell me you have the keys" I said impatiently.
"Of course, I'm not stupid" Toni said, they are truly my best friends and I trust them with my life, but they can be...not that smart lat's say It like that.
While she panicked to try finding the keys, I looked behind me to see Betty still sleeping, but curled up in a ball and hugging my jacked close, I smiled to myself.
"Okay let's go before they're coming," Toni said as soon as she opened the door.
"Wait" I said walking back to Betty in the dark while my friends stood confused.
I knelt down in front of her and admired her beauty and then shook her gently, she shot up with her eyes widened and a scarred face. I carefully took her hand in mine.
"We're getting you out of here now" She looked at me, and then I explained that the Serpents are here to save us 
"Why?" She asked, making me give her a warm smile.
"I promised to protect you right?" She nodded, but she was still scared probably because she soon will have her freedom back after two years or because she's scared of what they will do to her if the Ghoulies catch us, but I won't let that happen. I stood up not holding her hand anymore but holding my hand in front of her
"Do you trust me?" I asked, she looks up and stared into my eyes
"Yes" She said, taking my hand, and we got up.
I still had her bandage around my leg, and It hurt like hell, but right now I have to get us out of here. She's still covered in blood here and there and wounds and cuts all over her body, not covered well enough by her old uncomfortable dress.
When we arrived at the light the Serpent's faces widened with fear, concern, and anger, not on her but on the people who did It, and I'm sure they knew exactly who.
"We have to get out of here. Now!" I yelled, and they fast began to walk out, but Sweet Pea came on the other side to support her like I was. She is too hurt to walk, I turned to her seeing she accepted the help, and then look at Sweet Pea
"Protect her with your life" I ordered, and he nodded, It's time to get out of this hellhole. 

We ran through the building toward the big door while many of the Ghoulies came behind us but fighting with the Ghoulies.
Then close to the door Malachai came in front of us and I can feel Betty's body shaking showing me she is scared to death, I kissed her forehead and whispered.
"Remember my promise" I said letting her know she is safe
"Fangs, Toni, Sweet Pea!" I yelled and Fangs and Toni ran as fast as they could.
"Take Betty to the car and protect her with your lives, make sure no one lays a hand on her!?" I ordered.
"Yes boss." They said in union
"Jug" I hear her weak voice say, and my heart melted by the nickname she gave me without her noticing.
"It will be okay Betts" I say, kissing her head one more time before nodding, making Fangs take my spot next to Betty, and they walk away. Now I have to face Malachai, the worst human in the world, the one that hurt the girl I care about.

"What? You fell in love with my Punching bag or are jealous that I have one, and you don't?" He said with a smirk on his face, he is seriously sick.
"You're sick Malachai, and I've had enough of you." I said pulling out a knife, Toni gave me before leaving.
"Why do you keep stealing what's mine!" he yelled, walking toward me.
I can feel my blood boil. She's not an object, at this moment I'm filled with anger, so I put my knife back in my pocket and decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. I know I can't give him all the pain he gave Betty, but It will make me feel better.
I ran toward him as he did the same and I gave him a strong blow in his face making him trample a few steps back giving me the opportunity to hit him in the stomach, and so I did.
He then brought his arms around my neck pressing me down trying to choke me, but I ran, and we hit the wall making him yell in pain from his back. 
"You idiot!" He shouted and kicked me off him, making me fall to the floor.
He kicked my bad leg as hard as he could, and I screamed in pain. I quickly got up trying to ignore the pain and punched him in the wall again, taking my knife out from my pocket and stabbing him in one side. Deep. 
He fell to the floor and I kicked him enough that he couldn't walk for a long time but didn't kill him.

Now I have to find the blonde beauty and make sure she's okay.

Vote and comment:)

986 Words