29- Now or never

B

We split up and Jughead leads me to another hallway. He was right, Hal was after me and It would surprise me if Malachai and his gang were here too. We stopped at a corner.

"What do we do now?" I ask him. The light keeps going crazy and we can hear people panicking, but can't see them. I keep my hand in his, too scared to let go. Jughead makes me feel safe and I know he will do everything to keep me safe.

"We have to wait until we hear anything from Toni" He looks stressed, but I'm not blaming him, there must be so much on his mind. Jughead's phone starts to ring and It's Toni, he accepts the call and lets me hear what he says.

"Jug, you're there?" Her breathing is heavenly.

"Yeah, we're okay what happened with you?"

"We have Hal's unconscious body with us, he was easy" She giggles.
"But I know Malachai and his gang are looking for you two" Jughead decided to call some of the other Serpents for help, we have no idea what exactly is going on.

We know Hal isn't a threat anymore, but Malachai and his gang are looking for Jughead and me or mostly me.

We don't know how many men he has with him so that could be a problem, I'm not doing that Jug can win a fight with Malachai, but if he has ten members of his gang with him, there is no way out of that. We also don't know where all the guards and police people are, we keep hearing voices but we can't see anyone.

Jughead and I find a small room that looks like a small office, luckily the door was open so he tells me to go and hide while he sits things up at the door so no one can come in, hopefully.

We sit still for minutes, and no one says anything, we just sit completely still.

Jughead slowly moves toward me and sits down next to me, we're sitting behind a table.

"It's okay" He softly whispers as he brings his hand up and wipes away a tear I didn't know had fallen down.

"Jug, they're something you should know about the day I tried to run away" I keep my head low and don't make eye contact.

"Not now, you tell me when you're ready and that's not now." He place my head softly on his chest as we lay there in silence. I feel his breathing and hear his heart pounding, which makes me calm down. I wish I could have opened my eyes before all of this happened. I wish I wasn't that blind to the people around us, and I wish I could have been stronger and fought for my mom.

Jughead's phone lit up telling us he has a new text message.

"It's Sweet Pea, he says they lucked Hal in a room and they ask where we are"
I look up at him

"Give them our location" He agrees and now we just have to wait for them to find us.

Just then we hear someone kick on the door, It can't possibly be Toni and the guys.

Jughead puts one of his fingers over his mouth, sighing for me to be quiet which I have no problem with.

The kicking starts getting louder and we hear some voices on the other side.

"Come out come out, we know you're in there" Says an all too familiar voice- Malachai.

I cover my mouth with my hand, making sure not a single sound can be heard.

Jughead isn't with me more, he stands in front of the door and ready is if they burst in.

He's also quiet, hopefully, they will go away soon or Some of the Serpents will find us. Then we hear yelling from someone else, I look over at Jughead where he's whispering.

"It's the Serpents" I sign in relife but still keep quiet, I really want this to end now.

"Look It's the snakes!" Malachai says.

"You better shut your mouth!" One of the Serpents says. After that, they all start fighting and so the men are still trying to get into the room we're in.

"Betty, go hide again" Jughead says as they keep getting closer to open the door.

I do as he says and hide in a better spot.

After I'm hiding away the door bursts open and some of the Ghoulies start fighting with Jughead.

I sit still, hoping they won't come anywhere near me, but for safety, I try to find something i can protect myself with.

The old thing I find, that I can protect myself from is some glass.

Yeah, not the best but I'm sure they will fall unconscious if they get hit by one on the head.

Just when more men burst into the room we hear a shoot. Everyone stops fighting to see what is going on. I move out of my hiding spot, only to see only the men laying down on the floor in a pull of blood, then I look up and lock eyes with Toni.

"Come on, we gotta get out, the police are after both the Ghoulies and us!" Toni yells.

We all fight our way out and find a way out away from police people, more Serpents are with us now so we have protection.